Medisoft 20.0.2.68 Virtualization

Technical problems with Medisoft.
cryan2166

Medisoft 20.0.2.68 Virtualization

Post by cryan2166 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:19 am

I recently converted a physical server running Server 2008 with Medisoft 20.0.2.68 to a virtual guest running under Hyper-V. I created a full image backup and restored it to a virtual machine so it should be identical to the physical server. When I attempt to run Medisoft, the mapa.exe program freezes and the app says it is not responding.

I have tried pressing F7 and entering the location of Medisoft data, but it still freezes.

I have attempted a repair, but it cannot locate the files necessary to perform the repair.

If I attempt a full re-installation I am prompted to go to a website where I am supposed to enter a registration code to obtain a PIN that I am supposed to enter to activate the program, but that URL no longer works.

I have attempted installing the different MSI's from the installation disc, but the problem persists.

Do you have any suggestions?

Gavin Walker

Re: Medisoft 20.0.2.68 Virtualization

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:28 am

Keep in mind, we don't support Windows 2008 anymore, but in theory Medisoft v20 should work.

The first thing I would do is see about getting this running on a supported operating system like Server 2012 or 2016. We have not tested Medisoft v20 on server 2019.

Then your registration information should reside on your original Medisoft system if that is still running. Go to File - > Register Program to pull the information out of the old server and key that into the new server EXACTLY.

If you can't do that, then we can help you recover your Medisoft registration information as long as your have your Medisoft serial #.

Otherwise, if you don't have your serial #, then possibly, whoever sold you your copy of Medisoft v20 retained a record of your serial # and can give it to you. Otherwise, you are looking at purchasing a new copy of Medisoft.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386