trouble with client software

Posts related Medisoft software.
svishoot

trouble with client software

Post by svishoot » Tue May 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Hello,

I am having a hard time with Medisoft network pro v16 connecting the client portion of the software into the server. Each time I try to give the path on the client to get to the medidata MWDBLIST.ADT file I keep on getting this error "you do not have rights to this path" I have the medidata folder shared out with everyone, the firewall has exception to allow me to pass through with me even putting in the exception file the MWDBLIST.ADT file but with no luck. I do not think it is a windows problem or access with with my id. I can map out the drive with no problems. what am i doing wrong. this such a general error nothing is coming up on google. Medisoft support is worthless all they want you to do is upgrade. I hope this is clear and that you would be able to help out.

thanks

frustrated Steven

Gavin Walker

Re: trouble with client software

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed May 18, 2011 8:23 am

Make sure the client computer can read and write files in the Medidata share on the host computer. Restart Advantage on the host computer - if the network connection was interrupted, it will stop communicating to the outside. Usually though, this error is an issue with the firewall settings. Stop the firewall on both computers. When you have confirmed that Medisoft works, you can add the firewall back and tighten security.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386