Documentation, ERD diagram for internal Medisoft tables

Posts related Medisoft software.
pgates

Documentation, ERD diagram for internal Medisoft tables

Post by pgates » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:37 pm

I'm using ODBC to interact with the underlying Advantage database, and am looking for more information on what the internal tables are and how they are structured (table relationships, primary keys, etc). As far as documentation goes, I've only found a single un-detailed PDF file ( https://www.azcomp.com/wp-content/uploa ... -Guide.pdf ). Are there any other resources I could look to? I could figure things out by hand, but it'd take a long time with over 100 tables.

On a side note, it's impossible to create views in the database without AdsSys access, right?

Gavin Walker

Re: Documentation, ERD diagram for internal Medisoft tables

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:48 am

That is about as good of info as we have on the Medisoft database tables. As far as I know creating tables and views require an ADSSYS login. You know about ARC32 right? That will allow you to view and browse the contents of data dictionary and all the data.

pgates

Post by pgates » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:47 am

Yes, I am using ARC32. Looking at the tables more closely, it seems that there's no referential information in the database itself, so I'm guessing that's all tracked internally in Medisoft. Thank you for the help!

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:50 am

If you get Medisoft Reports Pro that has referential information built into the report builder.