Problems understanding printing statements

Posts related Medisoft software.
bigbonny

Problems understanding printing statements

Post by bigbonny » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:10 pm

We have V17 Medisoft advanced. We want to send a statement which shows all of the procedures for a specific day which reflects all of the payments and deductions and any balance that may be due. The problem is that unless you click "exclude paid items" the statement will show the entire payment history for the patient. This happens whether or not I have chosen to filter the statements with the "dates of service" filter in the Print/Send action in Statement Manager. In the past I chose to use Remainder statements which exclude any zero balance items. If I am a patient though I would like to get a statement which includes everything that happened that day. If I delete all "done" statements before I "print/send" then I get what I want but this is not a good solution. Help.

Gavin Walker

Re: Problems understanding printing statements

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:47 pm

bigbonny wrote:We want to send a statement which shows all of the procedures for a specific day which reflects all of the payments and deductions and any balance that may be due.
It sounds like you want a remainder statement. Why aren't you using one of those? Is it because these exclude zero balance items?
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

bigbonny

Post by bigbonny » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Yes, we want the patient to see that there were 3 charges, of which their insurance paid two of them, and we are only billing for one of the charges that has a positive balance.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:29 pm

This is a current limitation of Medisoft. I wish we could pick the best of remainder statements and the best of patient statements and combine them, but unfortunately we cannot. :(