Licenses in use

Posts related to Medisoft Clinical go here. You should consult with your Medisoft Clinical VAR if you are unsure about any configuration changes suggested here.
drmurphy

Licenses in use

Post by drmurphy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:22 am

We have 15 licenses
I'm sure the solution is to increase the number of licenses but supposedly the next jump is to 25 licenses, not 5, which is what we need. There are times during the day when there is a logjam and a doctor (two of us right now) cannot access the system.

There are two programs, I think LICSTAT, to see who is in the EMR, and PROCID, t to "clear out" the licenses, so that we can access the system. Only the doctors or one of the nurses has permission to use those programs.

We need to do this at times because a medical assistant will have, for example, "parked" a workstation, waiting for a doctor to come into the room, which did nothing more than take up a license that someone else could be using. Back in 2014 when we installed clinical, I thought that parking freed up a license. We started out with only 5 licenses. I quickly increased to 15.

1. When we "clear out" the licenses, so that we can get on the system, which licenses are being cleared out, those not being used at the time, or is it random? I just want to know that we are not doing damage to the data by using the PROCID program.

2. I keep the program always "on" at my desktop, and open it while in an exam room. There are times when I come back to my desktop and there is a message that says "license has been taken, please exit the system immediately". Is this what has happened after the PROCID program was used? I always exit the system at this point, but if I didn't exit, would there be a data error, or would the system just hang?

thank you for any info.
CW Murphy, MD
Ob-Gyn

Gavin Walker

Re: Licenses in use

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:15 am

Hi Dr. Murphy, you should double check with your Medisoft reseller. You can get a 2-user add-on license. They aren't a very good deal compared to a 10-user bundle, but if you are not needing to jump all the way up to 25 users, then that is the way to go.

ProcID simply resets the "current" user count down to zero again. Parking never really freed up license to my knowledge. As users begin using the product, then the user count starts counting up again. So therefore, the user who was parked and inactive will be the user who gets bumped off when they come back.

When you come back to a parked session and there aren't any available licenses, then the only option is to exit or wait for a license to be freed. You won't be able to do anything until a license is freed.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386