- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:17 pm
we have 32 gig installed in the server but it uses it all then locks up the server
have added MAX_CACHE_MEMORY=4000 to hklm\system\currentcontrolset\services\advantage\configuration
but still uses all the mem
any ideas how to fix this issue
- Gavin Walker
- Posts: 4320
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:11 pm
- Location: Springfield, MO
We normally don't mess with this setting as the default settings work well for us.
So try this:
1. Remove the setting (the way we set everyone up). Advantage will default to only use 1/2 of the available memory and it will release memory so that there is at least 100MB of RAM available to the O/S.
2. Switch to 32-bit Advantage. Advantage will use no more than 256 MB of RAM unless a higher value is set with MAX_CACHE_MEMORY.
3. As a last resort set MAX_CACHE_MEMORY=0 and then Advantage won't use a cache.
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC