"J" CODES NOT TRANSMITTING DESCRIPTIONS TO CLEARING HOUSE

Technical problems with Medisoft.
EHCS

"J" CODES NOT TRANSMITTING DESCRIPTIONS TO CLEARING HOUSE

Post by EHCS » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:17 pm

My "J" codes are not sending the descriptions over to the clearing house on the claims so the claims are failing. I have to go in to the clearing house and manually enter them and correct the claim. it always does it on the J3301, but will randomly do it with the other codes. The clearing house says it is a software vendor issue. Am I the only one having issues with medication codes not transmitting the description and is there a fix??

thanks!

Gavin Walker

Re: "J" CODES NOT TRANSMITTING DESCRIPTIONS TO CLEARING HOUSE

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:04 am

Try clicking the Details button in Transaction Entry and enter the NDC code and the other details about the drug. That should clear up the problem.

In Revenue Management on the Receiver record, make sure you have the option checked to send the drug information.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

EHCS

Post by EHCS » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:30 am

the Description prefills and I do have the NDC's in there already...Is there another "details" button I should be looking for?? Should I be typing over the current Description and NDC in the transaction entry?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:49 am

OK, do this then, On the charge transaction for the J code, click the Note button and change the note type to EDI: Unclassified Procedure Description and then type the description into the Note field (or Other Note Field if you are on v23).