- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:31 pm
We have Medisoft Advanced v20 installed on one computer (Windows 7 pro) and would like to transfer that install to a new computer (running windows 10 pro).
Don't really know enough about the software to do this and would appreciate any help!
The questions I have are:
1. How do we do this - is there an install that we can pull of the web? Unsure what modules/components we need (if there are more than one)
2. After installing the software, how do we transfer the license?
3. Do we then create a backup from the existing install and load the on to the new computer?
- Gavin Walker
- Posts: 4226
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:11 pm
- Location: Springfield, MO
http://www.medisoft.com/Medisoft_Downlo ... 0.2.68.iso
If you have trouble with the ISO, then the executable install can be downloaded here:
http://www.medisoft.com/Medisoft_Downlo ... nstall.exe
If you have Windows 10, then you will need to run Medisoft v20 1 time using the above and then install the hot fix from here:
Create a new practice on the new machine. And then run a backup on the old machine to an external USB drive. Then restore the data in the blank new practice database you created on the new machine.
Go to Help -> Register program on the old machine and then enter that info EXACTLY into the new machine.
After that, you should be all set on your new computer.
If you have the Network Pro edition of Medisoft, then you may also need to install the Advantage Database Server on the new machine if it will also be the data host.
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC