Facility is not showing up on electronic claim

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Barbiaux

Facility is not showing up on electronic claim

Post by Barbiaux » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:43 am

We have Medisoft v19. One of our practices has 30 facilities and 23 providers. When sending claims to Medicare the facility is not showing up on the claims for just 1 facility. If I print the claim to paper the facility is showing up just fine. I have gone into the facility and made sure 77- service location is checked. I have also tried using FA-facility and neither one are showing up with Medicare. I am not sure if this facility is showing up on other insurance companies as most don't require the facility to be on the claim, but I have not received any other denials.

Any idea what could be causing this issue?

Gavin Walker

Re: Facility is not showing up on electronic claim

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:35 pm

On the Facility IDs grid, make sure you check the box Send Facility On Claim.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Barbiaux

Post by Barbiaux » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:15 pm

Gavin Walker wrote:On the Facility IDs grid, make sure you check the box Send Facility On Claim.
I assume that means if I go into the facility, then into where you put the facility NPI, put a check mark there that says send on claim?

If that is the case that is already done. Any other ideas? Like I said this is only a problem on 1 facility. All other facilities are paying fine.

I had the clearing house pull the claim on their end to see if the facility is there and Medicare is ignoring it and they wrote back today that there is no facility on the claim on their end.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:51 pm

Do you have an NPI setup for the facility for Medicare or "ALL"? What is the place of service code on the claim?

Barbiaux

Post by Barbiaux » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:26 am

Gavin Walker wrote:Do you have an NPI setup for the facility for Medicare or "ALL"? What is the place of service code on the claim?
I have it set as all and place of service is 11 (office)

This morning I added Medicare as a separate line. I think I am going to resend them like that today.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:29 pm

Make sure there is not another facility ID line that matches that doesn't have NPI filled out on it or the send on claim box is unchecked.