Data Does not Exist - Select a Different Set of Data

Technical problems with Medisoft.
hazardman89

Data Does not Exist - Select a Different Set of Data

Post by hazardman89 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:30 pm

So I'm having this issue with Medisoft where it won't let me open any practices. It works fine on almost all of our computers, but this problem is only happening on 2 computers. Any help that could point me in the right direction is greatly appreciated!

Edit: It's Medisoft V19, by the way. I'm sure that's important.

Gavin Walker

Re: Data Does not Exist - Select a Different Set of Data

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:18 am

I am guessing that computer is pointing to a different Medisoft Root Data Path than the other computers. Double-click the bottom bar of a computer that is working and it should display \\<server name>\Medidata\<practice folder name> on the bottom bar

Now go to the computer that isn't working and press and hold the F7 key while starting Medisoft. It will prompt you for a new root data path. Browse to \\<server name>\Medidata to match what is displayed on the computer above.

If that doesn't get it, then my second guess would be an improper firewall setting on the computer that isn't working. Try disabling the firewall.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

mleder

Post by mleder » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:58 am

i am having this issue. one of my dr just vanished, and it says this? is there a way to retrieve it? I even looked in Medidata and it is gone!

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:14 am

You mean your drive just vanished? It might be malfunctioning. Call in local tech support to see if it can be repaired/replaced and then restore from backup if necessary.