giving info

Enter your billing questions or comments here.
dborders

giving info

Post by dborders » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:59 am

Gavin,
so if we do the .MKB backup for this doctor was does that do for them, they do not have medisoft but want to be able to view info or print if they need to ?

Thanks
Dawn

Gavin Walker

Re: giving info

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:06 am

So you have a doctor that has quit your billing service but wants a copy of the data. Sorry to hear that, but that eventually happens to everyone that runs a billing service. What I do is run a Medisoft backup of their data and give them a copy of the .MBK file that is generated. If they purchase Medisoft Basic which is currently 20% off or $399. They would then have full access to the data to do whatever they want with it.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

dborders

Post by dborders » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:15 am

Gavin,

I actually dropped this doctor but when they don't listen on how to do their notes and coding I am not going to take repsponsibilty for that. I miss that income, I did suggest them buy medisoft but they don't want to, so I am just checking to see what this gives them? will they be able to look up the info in word or something??

I am trying to get them this info as soon as possible so I can be done with them!

Thank you

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:51 pm

They could install the 30-day trial and print off what they need before the trial runs out. If you want to do something, you could print patient statements with both negative and positive balances to a PDF file and send that to them. I wrote a special patient statement that includes the first 4 diagnosis codes and primary and secondary insurance information just for this purpose for a customer of ours.

ephillip

Releasing Medisoft files to Clients

Post by ephillip » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Gavin, thanks for the great responses on this site. I have a similar situation, where my client wants to be able to open his file in medisoft - which he will purchase. I understand that the client should have access
to their data (in the form of Reports). I'm not sure how I feel about providing them the actual medisoft files. In my opinion, the client did not invest in purchasing medisoft -therefore not entitled to my medisoft files.

my contract states that I will provide updates / reports via paper, pdf, etc. my main concern is that they will re-submitt cliams.

how should I approach this - should I just give him a backup file and call it a day. Remember, I paid someone to have the data entered / claims submitted, in medisoft.

knowing this may be a contract killer - should I charge for the preparation of the backup file, etc.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:45 pm

I would just print the statement to a PDF file and send it to him. It is really so easy to give him a backup of your data there is no reason not to do it. You might offer it to him for a nominal charge. But, you are only obligated to do what you agreed in your contract.

Lachlansmith

Post by Lachlansmith » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:15 pm

Hey man thanks for share your ideas.There is some good ideas and i am really like it and also impressed.