MAPA.exe has stopped working on Version 16 student demo

Posts related Medisoft software.
Laurie

MAPA.exe has stopped working on Version 16 student demo

Post by Laurie » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:53 pm

I have this program for a class and am getting two different messages. The first is: tblExclussiveNew: one of the DatabaseName property or the AdsConnection property must have a value when I click the ok or close another message comes up saying : MAPA.exe has stopped working.

I have uninstalled the program several times and retried thinking it was something I was doing. I have turned off my antivirus as I read for the version 15 that might be causing the mapa.exe message.

Do you have any suggestions of what to do? I still have the student files to download after this gets completely installed so unsure if that has to do with the property value problem or not.

Thanks!

Gavin Walker

Re: MAPA.exe has stopped working on Version 16 student demo

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi Laurie, the error indicates there is some sort of database corruption. It is hard to say exactly what the problem is without digging into your data. Since you say this is student data, you might just rename the Medidata folder to something like MedidataBackup and restart Medisoft letting it generate a fresh set of data for you. You will need to re-register Medisoft unless this is a demo copy of Medisoft. You can then restore a backup if you have one.

Good luck and I hope that doesn't cause too much trouble for you. :(
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Laurie

Post by Laurie » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:33 am

Thanks for the quick reply. Is it the cd with the program on it that is corrupt? I can't even get the program to run with the two messages that come up, as it will quit when I click on the "ok" box. I have not yet downloaded the student file with the information from the website that I am to put in the program. (the information is at www.mhhe.com)

I am wondering if I need to return the CD and ask for a new one as this one is not working, my other computer is down so I can't see if it does the same thing on both computers or not. My laptop is a Sony Vaio and I JUST bought it, this is one of the first programs I have put on it.

Thanks again!

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:54 pm

If you did not get any errors reading the CD, then I doubt something is wrong with your CD. Usually you can't even get the install to run on a bad CD. Since it sounds like this is a brand new install, try uninstalling Medisoft. Then delete folder c:\medidata off of your computer. Then, reinstall Medisoft making sure during the install that you select the model matching the serial # that you purchased.

Go through the install process slowly and look for any error messages.

Laurie

Post by Laurie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:07 pm

I removed the file you said. Tried reinstalling. At the end where it was installing files I got an error message stating:
'windows cannot find c:\PROGRA~1\BINDEM~1\regcomdlls.bat'

ideas?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:51 am

What operating system are you installing this on? If this is XP, make sure you are logged in as an administrator before running the install. If Vista or Windows 7, Medisoft should default to install under C:\Medisoft and it will not run properly if you install under c:\Program Files\Medisoft.

Laurie

Post by Laurie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:06 am

I am working with Windows 7 , will do what you say! Thanks! Laurie

Laurie

Post by Laurie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:18 pm

Ok, it seemed to load and I did the computer restart. I opened the program again and get the same two messages and the additional following one: "Exception AdsConnectionError in module MAPA.EXE at 0016BjC07. Must specify connection string before getting a server connection."

Thanks!

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:10 pm

Try installing the latest hot fix for Medisoft v16.

Select the link Medisoft Patient Accounting from here: http://www.medtechsys.net/medisoft/service-packs/#m16sp

Laurie

Post by Laurie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:40 pm

did that. I am still getting the MAPA.EXE message and the other first message. I restarted the computer after the hotfix was installed as well. I installed the one for the demo that was on the list.

Any more suggestions?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:38 am

You might try downloading the v17 Demo. It is hopefully not too different from your student manual. Without knowing what is causing your error though, you are likely to run into similar issues. All I can say is "it should work", but I would have to work directly with you to figure this one out and we need a support agreement for that. You might even try re-installing Windows and then install Medisoft before installing anything else. That is a lot of work just to get a demo copy of Medisoft working. Maybe someone else has run into this issue...

hjazziree220

Post by hjazziree220 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:17 pm

I had this same exact problem. I was not able to complete several homework assignments because of this issues. This program is severely bugged and there are no possible solutions. These problems should really be fixed or they should make something that actually works.

Raudell

Post by Raudell » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:51 am

I contacted a McGraw Hill representative by phone and they walked me through the steps to fix this issue.

Background:

I was getting the same error message as the OP and tried all of the steps listed here, to no avail. I uninstalled, then reinstalled, tried the v17 Demo, everything. Same problem.

Then I did some digging myself. I deleted all the data from the MediData folder and launched the program again. Not finding the data, the program reinstalled the tutorial data and opened. I concluded then that it wasn't the program itself that was causing the error, but the data: somehow it is getting corrupted.

At this point I reinstalled the Student Data, at which point the error returned. This is when I called the support desk.

Solution:

The representative explained that Medisoft saves the location of the Data when it closes, and that overwriting that data causes the program to look for data that isn't there when it launches, which results in a program halt.

To fix this, hold down the F7 key on your keyboard, and then while holding it down double click on the MediSoft shortcut. This launches the program with the option to select the data to use. I selected the Student Data I installed earlier, and the program started without a hitch.

The representative did ask me what operating system and what PC manufacturer built my computer, so these steps may change depending on those factors. In that case, I would recommend calling 800-331-5094 and getting specific instructions for your computer, if these steps don't work for you.

Hope this helps anyone else that runs into this problem in the future.