exporting reports

General information about Medisoft
drmiller34

exporting reports

Post by drmiller34 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:46 pm

I have medisoft v20 basic and have created address labels but cannot export them as an .xls file. They are saving only as .QRP files. How do I convert them for editing and printing via excel?

Gavin Walker

Re: exporting reports

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:24 am

It is kind of complicated with the Basic edition as you can't do a print grid to export out the entire patient table. There is an ODBC driver on the Medisoft v20 disk that will allow you to connect something like Microsoft Access to export your data to an Excel file. Another way to do this would be to design a report in Medisoft Report Designer that only contains detail lines and the fields you want separated by commas. There will be extra blank lines for the header and footer so you will have to manually delete out the blank lines.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Hearmel

Post by Hearmel » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:17 pm

I have Medisoft V20 professional. I need to generate an Excel file for my board re-certification. This requires a 6-month list of all patient contacts. I have reviewed your youtube video on this from 2014 (thank you), but i do not see any "transaction export" file to do this. Thanks.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:51 am

Hi, if you have a minute, be sure to thumb up our videos.

In Medisoft go to Reports > Medisoft Reports > Focus On Data > Export Transactions Data. Follow the instructions on the first page of the report that comes up. That should give you an extract of the Transactions Table.