Problem Setting Up Medisoft on New Server and Computer

Technical problems with Medisoft.
mbpros

Problem Setting Up Medisoft on New Server and Computer

Post by mbpros » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:13 am

I am moving Medisoft to a new server....I have ADS and Medidata installed on an Application Server DC05. I haven't been able to install Medisoft yet on my new Domain Controller as I'm receiving a .NET installation error (my IT will look into that; some error about Windows Server roles as .NET could not automatically be installed).

BUT I also installed Medisoft on a Windows 10 Virtual Machine so it's connecting locally to Medisoft. When I launched Medisoft, for the Data Path I entered \\DC05\Medidata. That's exactly what we have now and works without a problem.

I even browsed to the path.....And sharing is set the same way as I have it with my current setup (for myself, for Everyone and for Network).

BUT I'm receiving an error that it This is Not an Existing Root Data Directory. Any ideas? Again, for my current setup I have \\DC05\Medidata with the same permissions so not sure why I'm getting that error now....The only exception is my current DC05 is my Domain Controller whereas the new DC05 is an Application Server and not a Domain Controller. Only other possible difference is Medisoft itself is not installed on the new DC05.

Any idea about both of the above issues?

Steve
Steven Zats
Medical Billing Professionals

Gavin Walker

Re: Problem Setting Up Medisoft on New Server and Computer

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:59 am

Are you saying both the old and new server are named DC05? Did you fix up MWDBList.adt or did you start with a blank practice list and re-add the practice databases to the list? Also, try giving Everyone full rights to both Medidata share and Medidata folder. If that works, then lock down security to just administrators and the Medisoft security group that you setup.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:18 am

Old and new are both DC05 (at least on new it's an Application Server). BUT the old server is at my home based office; the new one is at my IT's data center so they are not on the same network. And I started with a blank practice list (am going to copy the Medidata folder over when all is set). And originally we did have just Administrators so I tried replicating what we have now.

Should I just submit a support ticket so you guys can connect and fix this and maybe fix the .NET install problem?

Steve
Steven Zats

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:46 am

Hi Steve, it sounds like you need Medisoft installed on your remote server. I'll give you a call.

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:21 pm

I have it set up...Forgot to reply back...I didn't have a tutorial database installed in Medidata which is why I was receiving an error....and my IT guys got .NET installed.

Thanks,
Steve
Steven Zats