Medisoft v20 reinstall

Posts related Medisoft software.
ajay

Medisoft v20 reinstall

Post by ajay » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:50 pm

Hi,

We have Medisoft Advanced v20 installed on one computer (Windows 7 pro) and would like to transfer that install to a new computer (running windows 10 pro).

Don't really know enough about the software to do this and would appreciate any help!

The questions I have are:

1. How do we do this - is there an install that we can pull of the web? Unsure what modules/components we need (if there are more than one)
2. After installing the software, how do we transfer the license?
3. Do we then create a backup from the existing install and load the on to the new computer?

Many thanks,
Ajay

Gavin Walker

Re: Medisoft v20 reinstall

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:22 am

Hi Ajay, the Medisoft v20 ISO can be downloaded here:
http://www.medisoft.com/Medisoft_Downlo ... 0.2.68.iso

If you have trouble with the ISO, then the executable install can be downloaded here:
http://www.medisoft.com/Medisoft_Downlo ... nstall.exe

If you have Windows 10, then you will need to run Medisoft v20 1 time using the above and then install the hot fix from here:
https://www.walkerteksolutions.com/service-packs/#m20sp

Create a new practice on the new machine. And then run a backup on the old machine to an external USB drive. Then restore the data in the blank new practice database you created on the new machine.

Go to Help -> Register program on the old machine and then enter that info EXACTLY into the new machine.

After that, you should be all set on your new computer.

If you have the Network Pro edition of Medisoft, then you may also need to install the Advantage Database Server on the new machine if it will also be the data host.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

ajay

Post by ajay » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:24 am

Hi Gavin,

I just got around to doing this - I followed these instructions and it seems like Medisoft is up and running on the new Win 10 machine. A few error messages along the way (that seem harmless) and I didn't have to re-enter the registration information - it came along with the backup and I just went through the registration steps.

Thank you so much for this very detailed how-to, I very much appreciate your help. When we decide to upgrade versions, I'll be reaching out.

Ajay

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:14 am

Ajay, I appreciate that. :D

azhaim

Post by azhaim » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:32 pm

Hi Gavin,

Can you repost the files for v20? The links no longer work and I am in the same situation as Ajay now.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Never mind, Chrome seems to be bugging on the downloads but Edge worked fine. I'll try to do the installation later today hopefully and report back.

Rob W

Post by Rob W » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:34 am

I'm trying to reinstall V20 on a new computer. I've downloaded from the above links but Defender keeps telling me that there is a malicious trojan Wacatac.H!ml in the software. Is this an error?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:18 pm

Rob, Medisoft v20 was taken down by the manufacturer. If you purchase an hour of Medisoft support from us, then we can track down an install and get it to you.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:20 pm

Wait a second, I just tried the links above. They are still active. Get it while you can because who knows when CGM will take these down.