Revenue management says new ICD-10 codes invalid

General information about Medisoft
lillyeye

Revenue management says new ICD-10 codes invalid

Post by lillyeye » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:19 pm

New ICD 10 codes that went into effect October 1, 2016 are being flagged as an invalid diagnosis code when I am trying to bill. I tried updating Revenue Management and Claims Editor. I have most recent versions of each. Still, new ICD 10 codes , such as E10.3291 or H35.3121 are reported as invalid codes. Am I missing something? Help :o

mbpros

Re: Revenue management says new ICD-10 codes invalid

Post by mbpros » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:40 pm

Claims Editor is not updated to reflect the newest codes as of 10/1 so even though they fail in RM, you can still submit those claims.
Steven Zats
Medical Billing Professionals

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:53 pm

eMDs has not pushed out the update yet. Was told the data supplier - Intrinsic was trying to put the screws on eMDs to switch to their cloud product which will make everything more expensive. eMDs finally has the data they need, so they are scrambling to update all of their products. Encoder Pro and Codes on Disk are other products that need to be updated.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

MikeSloan

Post by MikeSloan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:31 pm

Hello, Is there any update on this? On 12/8/16 we are still having this problem. We can work around it by still sending the claims, but an increasing number of claims must be overridden :(

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:56 pm

We are still waiting on this. :(

Burhan

Post by Burhan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:52 pm

Gavin Walker wrote:We are still waiting on this. :(
IS there any update in this issue. please let me know. Thanks

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:18 am

No update yet. It will come as a Revenue Management update when it finally happens.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:15 pm

If you can't wait for eMDs to provide the solution for FREE, then we have an option to fix this for $150. Private message me if you want it.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:52 pm

A new build of the NCCI Claim Edits for Revenue Management has been published and is available for download (Date stamp 10/5/2017). Contains all the current (Q1 2018) MCD/Medicare edits, CCI edits, Global Periods, and diagnosis codes validation (ICD-10 only, ICD-9 has been removed) from CMS. The CPT codes have not been updated because eMDs has not yet secured a contract with Ingenix/Optum.

To get this you want to run the Claims Editor Update for Revenue Management.

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:34 am

I received an error that the Claims Editor Database could not be found on my system and to reinstall. I have had no problems in the past running the Claims Editor Check. How do I reinstall the Claims Editor Database?

Thanks,
Steve
Steven Zats

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:51 am

Hey yeah, I'm getting that too. Hold off on this update until I figure out what is going on.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:13 am

Here are the steps to resolve "Software Not Found" error when applying this update:

1. Download the CCUpdateLoader.exe file from: http://www.medisoft.com/RMPatches/CCUpd ... Loader.exe

2. After downloading the CCUpdateLoader.exe file from the Medisoft website, browse to where you downloaded the file on your computer and move it into the “RCM” folder on your computer. The RCM folder is where the Revenue Management software is installed on your computer and is typically located immediately under the Medisoft installation folder (C:\Medisoft\BIN\RCM).

3. Close out of all Medisoft, Office Hours, and Revenue Management windows.

4. After moving the CCUpdateLoader.exe file into the RCM folder, double-click the CCUpdateLoader.exe file to run it. Wait a minute or so as it applies the fix to the “software not found error.”

5. When the fix is finished applying, the RM claims editor update screen will appear, prompting you to check for updates to your claims editor. Click “Next.”

6. It will see an update is available; click “Next” to begin downloading the update and, when complete, click “Next” to install the update. Click “Finish” when everything is completed.

7. Launch RM from inside Medisoft. A dialogue box will appear saying new policy edits database dated for 10/5/2017 are available and need to be installed. Ensure all users on your network are not actively using RM nor have the RM program opened; if they do, have them close and exit RM on all computers. Click “Yes” to continue with the new policy edits update.

8. Another dialogue box will appear confirming you are ready to install the new claims editor update. Click “OK” to begin the update process. This may take several minutes to complete; please be patient and wait for a confirmation message saying the claim edits update is complete.

9. After receiving the confirmation message saying the claim edits update is complete, launch RM again from inside Medisoft. Your new 2018 claim edits are now properly installed and ready for use. Take a few minutes to update your claims editor configuration settings by going to “Configure” > “Preferences” > “Claims Editor” inside RM and going through the setup wizard to configure your updated claim edits.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:14 am

Dumb question...I ran this on my desktop....and then went to my domain controller to run it, but when I got into RM there was no dialogue box to install the claims editor update. I assume once I ran it from my desktop, since my data is tied to my Medidata folder on my DC, that the installation from my desktop covered not only my desktop but also all servers on my network, right?

Thanks,
Steve
Steven Zats

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:24 am

You have to run this on each Revenue Management database. Once you have done this, then you are good to go and it is not necessary to install Claims Editor Update from each machine.

SalJim71

Post by SalJim71 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:17 am

Now when I run Check Claims, the Revenue Management - Claims menu goes blank & Revenue Management has encountered a problem window pops up, this is the error under More Information:
The development team was automatically notified of this problem. If you need immediate assistance, contact your vendor or eMDs support at (855) 675-8326.

The following information about the error was automatically captured:

• a screenshot was taken of the desktop at:
C:\MEDISOFT\BIN\RCM\RevenueManager.exe.UnhandledException.png
• an event was written to the application log
• details were written to a text log at:
C:\MEDISOFT\BIN\RCM\RevenueManager.exe.UnhandledExceptionLog.txt

Detailed error information follows:

Date and Time: 10/19/2017 9:53:52 AM
Machine Name: DELLLAPTOP17
IP Address: fe80::6d69:af4a:b4d:63bd%15:9999-0000000
Current User: DELLLAPTOP17\HerrickDell17

What should I do???
Last edited by SalJim71 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:25 am, edited 3 times in total.