Backup question re RM Reports

Technical problems with Medisoft.
KAYBILLING

Backup question re RM Reports

Post by KAYBILLING » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:45 am

My data automatically backs up every evening, the MediData folder. I'm using Revenue Management to send claims and post remits. When I restore the data on another computer (I periodically check to be sure all is working well), everything is current except whats in the Revenue Manager Reports....it's showing remittance that was already posted and archived. It's not replicating what's in the RM Reports on the active computer. Is there another folder I should be copying, or something I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

Gavin Walker

Re: Backup question re RM Reports

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:35 pm

Yeah, the Medisoft backup is incomplete. That's why we recommend using a third party backup or just Windows backup.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

KAYBILLING

Post by KAYBILLING » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:41 am

I'm not using Medisoft backup. I'm backing up to an online service. There must be a specific folder/file that has that RM Reports info in it, not located in MediData? I'm backing up all of MediData.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:21 pm

We normally put the RMData folder under MediData and then you can back the whole thing up. Otherwise, make sure RMData is part of your backup.

KAYBILLING

Post by KAYBILLING » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:23 am

The RMData folder is in the MediData folder. I did a fresh install of Medisoft on a new desktop, restored a current Medidata folder onto that computer, and the RM Reports is showing ERA's back to March that were already posted and archived. I actually did this on 2 new desktops with the same result. The reports folder I would assume should be identical to what was backed up, but its not. The two new desktops are identical, but they are not matching up to what's on the data I've backed up. Any other ideas?? If I ever had a crash and need this data, this would be a problem obviously. I run about 90 practices, I've tried your backup system but my data is too large it didn't work out for me. At some point today, rather than restoring from the backup, I'm going to copy the Medidata folder from my active system and then restore on the new desktop and see if that makes a difference, but I'm not sure why it would. My backup is backing up the entire folder. Thanks.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:38 am

In Revenue Management go to Preferences -> Revenue Management tab. In there you can specify a list of Report Import folders. Make sure all of those are backed up too.

KAYBILLING

Post by KAYBILLING » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:07 am

There is nothing listed in the Report Import Folders, its blank. Should there be something there? The Remit Export Folder is blank too. I'm using the Common Report Folder option since when I receive ERA's there are typically ERA's for more than one practice in one file. So I download reports into the RMData/Download folder so they can be visible from whatever practice I'm in.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:56 am

There must be something different about your share path causing the reports folder not to be picked up on the new computer. Try copying to the same location as on the old computer.

KAYBILLING

Post by KAYBILLING » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:34 am

Thanks Gavin. I'm not sure what you mean by "share path". As far as copying to same location, on both computers its c:/MediData/RMData, if that's what you mean. I copied the entire Medidata folder on older computer making a winzip file, then copied it to new computer and the RM Data worked, it replicated. So there must be something in my backup. I'm backing up the entire folder (with the exception of an old InterfaceEDI folder that's in there that I no longer use) and then pulling that entire folder from the backup and restoring on new computer and the RM Data isn't the same, its showing ERA's that have been posted and archived. I've looked at the files contained in the folders for dates, etc to be sure they are all there and the same, and they are. My backup is doing incremental backups, so I'm wondering if that is messing something up, but I can't imagine why. The RM Data on the new computer isn't showing ALL ERA's I've received, posted and archived since March, just some of them but since I have over 90 practices that "some" is actually alot. I'm going to play with it some more later today, I'm actually doing another restore right now on the new computer with last nights backup to see what happens but i expect the same results since I've done it numerous times already. You mentioned Windows backup, I've never used that but I'll take a look at that, if I can use Windows backup, then back that up to my online backup, I'll see what happens. Any other ideas though? What file under RMData contains info about what's been posted/archived and what hasn't? I imagine each practice under Mediata/RM Data has a file that has that info, and I've crossed checked a few and the files/dates are the same on each computer so I'm at a loss. If you can point me to that file, I'll try doing a direct copy/paste to the new computer, and if it works then that answers some questions.
Thanks,

KAYBILLING

Post by KAYBILLING » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:56 pm

I found the folder for the reports, Medidata/RMData/Report, so now I have to figure out why my backup isn't working properly, I'm sure something to do with it being incremental ? Thanks Gavin for your help!! If you get a chance let me know what you meant by "share path".
Thanks,

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:00 am

Share path only applies to Network Pro installs. If yours is Basic or Advanced then it should be C:\Medidata.

KAYBILLING

Post by KAYBILLING » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:20 am

Thanks, using Advanced and that's my path. It's the reports folder under Medidata/RMData/Reports that's my problem, my backup is showing old files so I've deleted them and will monitor over the next few days to see if it's holding onto old reports when I backup. I'll likely have to adjust my settings or something so my backup shows what currently in that folder and not holding onto old stuff. I appreciate your help with this.