Latest Windows Update Conflicts with Medisoft

Technical problems with Medisoft.
mbpros

Latest Windows Update Conflicts with Medisoft

Post by mbpros » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:43 pm

I have installed the latest Windows 10 update (KB4021572) and when I try to launch Medisoft the splash screen comes on and then quickly disappears. No matter what I do I cannot get to a login screen. Besides uninstalling the update, are there any other options for fixing this problem? Eventually we will have to do these updates and hopefully eMDs will have a solution for Medisoft if one does not exist now.

Thanks,
Steve
Steven Zats
Medical Billing Professionals

Gavin Walker

Re: Latest Windows Update Conflicts with Medisoft

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:08 pm

I kind of think maybe something is still installing after the latest Windows 10 update. We found that by the next day and a possible reboot, then Medisoft starts normally.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:39 am

Thanks, Gavin...After a few reboots I was finally able to get it going...but this is something you should mention to eMDs.

Steve
Steven Zats

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:19 pm

This is mentioned often and frequently. Since Medisoft starts working again on it's own, they say it is environmental. I'm not sure why this is so hard to figure out.

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:37 am

Hey, Gavin:

I just tried installing the latest Windows Cumulative Update (KB4038788) and I just cannot get Medisoft to open, even after rebooting a few times. It goes to the splash screen and then it goes away. I had to uninstall this latest update, but can you see if you have this update installed on your end (KB4038788)? If so, then I know it is something with my system and with that update.

Thanks,
Steve
Steven Zats

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:14 am

Here is my best guess on what is happening. The latest Windows 10 Update is doing "something" to finish its install even after the computer boots up and you log back in. While this is happening (which can take several hours), Medisoft won't start. Once this process is finished, then I think a reboot clears this issue up.

I just talked to the development manager at eMDs about this last night. He says they are working on it, but they are having trouble pinpointing the issue. Since the issue clears itself up after about a day, this is making it hard to troubleshoot.

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:16 am

Great...so maybe I should try to do it over a weekend if it takes a day or so for the issue to clear; I can't go a whole day without using Medisoft.
Steven Zats

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:08 pm

I gave it 12 hours (downloaded and installed the latest Windows update, logged back into my desktop and waited 12 hours before attempting to launch Medisoft) but same error.

Any update from the Development Manager? Has anybody been able to successfully install Windows update KB4038788 and launch Medisoft?

Steve
Steven Zats

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:13 pm

And I assume you rebooted after all of that. That seems to be part of the equation. If it is still hung up, private message me and maybe I can connect on and take a look.