EPCS for Medisoft Clinical?

Posts related to Medisoft Clinical go here. You should consult with your Medisoft Clinical VAR if you are unsure about any configuration changes suggested here.
saxman2u

EPCS for Medisoft Clinical?

Post by saxman2u » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:05 am

What are people using out there?

What are the good ones and not so good ones?

Do any interface with clinical or is it a two -step process? 1st step is on the EPCS application and 2nd step is modifying script in EMR.

Thanks.

Gavin Walker

Re: EPCS for Medisoft Clinical?

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:57 am

The last timetable I got from eMDs slated EPCS for Medisoft Clinical in November 2016 as a patch install update. Your value added re-seller should be able to provide instructions on how use it once it is released.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:59 am

If you can't wait, instructions on the preferred way to setup EPCS now were posted here.

saxman2u

Post by saxman2u » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:42 am

Gavin,
Thanks for the info. We looked at Dr. First in the fall. Our vendor supplied us with another company, DxWeb, recently. Was wondering if anyone has heard of them. Wish there was more info out there about user experiences...?

Scott

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:00 pm

We are now taking orders for EPCS in Medisoft Clinical and it is going through Dr. First. If you go with DxWeb, then it is not going to integrate with the prescribing in Clinical and it will throw off your reporting. Contact your VAR about EPCS, they should have information now and be able to take your order.

saxman2u

Post by saxman2u » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:56 pm

My vendor still states they are having a hard time enrolling us? He just CC'ed me on an email that was sent in May. Can we (the practice) do anything about this delay?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:18 pm

I don't know what's going on. We have several of ours setup now.

Here are a few tips.

1. Make sure the enrollment is done with the doctor's personal email address. If the email goes to someone else, then that person won't be able to answer the identity proofing questions and the identity proofing will fail. If you fail 3 times, then you must wait 24 hours to try again.

2. Enter all addresses using USPS recommended formatting.

3. Enter required fields only. Entering additional information can only count against you and may cause the identity proofing to fail.

4. The doctor can download the soft token in his or her phone from here: https://m.vip.symantec.com

saxman2u

Post by saxman2u » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:51 pm

Thanks. To initiate item #1, do I call or email someone?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:31 am

Your VAR will need to start the enrollment process with eMDs. You'll probably have to pay them something because the fees from Dr. First will need to be passed along.

saxman2u

Post by saxman2u » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:59 pm

My VAR states that eMD's is avoiding him "like the plague". He stated that our clinic is somehow not in their system or something is "greyed out/inactive" in the system which can't start our process. I feel a little helpless here. Thanks for your help.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:52 am

Your VAR might not be in good standing with eMDs anymore. You might consider doing a support transfer to another Medisoft Clinical certified VAR. If you private message me, I can provide details of our services. We are in communication with eMDs almost every day for one reason or another. Yeah, it is kind of up to your VAR and eMDs to get the process started for you. A half dozen or so of our customers have already made it through the process.