UB04 Smart Screen

General information about Medisoft
bocpg

UB04 Smart Screen

Post by bocpg » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:44 am

Hi Gavin,

Can you tell me if the UB04 "Smart Screen" does NOT allow you to set certain fields as default. These will be the same codes that are used on every single claim I submit. I use patient quick entry templates to add all new patients. I can add the fields in quick entry for the smart screen but was unable to set a default under the case window?

Previously under the UB04 Tab, I was able to save certain fields and did not have to re-enter these code on every single claim. PLEASE tell me I am missing something because this will be terrible to have to re-enter all this info for every patient.

Thank you!
Bo

Gavin Walker

Re: UB04 Smart Screen

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:38 am

Hi Bo, if you copy a case then the data from the custom UB04 case tab will copy over to the new case. Unfortunately though, setting up a Case Default will not default any custom case tabs, including the UB04 tab when you create a new Case. I have requested this enhancement to be put into Medisoft over the years, but it has been a while, so I will request it again.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

bocpg

Post by bocpg » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:59 am

Wow, I was afraid you were going to say this. Guess it's back to trying to find someone to create a new map for PC ACE. My old one is missing several new codes that Medicare requires now, didn't when I first had the map done. My map is many years old and out dated. So it will be back to printing to a text file then converting for me :(

I wish Medisoft would really look into the ub04 issues for providers that need this option. I'm a loyal Medisoft user, but with having to re-entering 10-12 of the exact same codes for every claim I send it's just not worth it. As always thank you for responding and PLEASE let the Medisoft people know we need some updates to ub04.

bocpg

Post by bocpg » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:13 pm

Hi Gavin,
Trying to add to my quick entry form the fields I need to be entered in my UB04 smart screen tab. When I add the fields from custom ub04 fields everything goes perfectly. When I open the report and try to use the report I find these 2 random little boxes that I can not get to go away. They do not allow me to enter anything in the field. If I make 2 different quick entry forms with the exact same info, these little boxes will land in another location but always in the custom ub04 smart screen field area. The picture I attached shows them in Service Location & Admission Type on this form, but on different quick entry form they might land next to Patient Status and Value Code 39A. I've made 5 new quick entry forms and the boxes randomly land in this area and there is always 2 on them. What am I doing wrong and how can I stop these little boxes from appearing? I have used quick entry forms for years and never had a problem like this. Just so you know I only captured the bottom portion of my quick entry form, it is a complete patient entry form that I have used for years with no problems. Thanks so much for all your help!
Attachments
Quick_EntryCapture.JPG
Quick_EntryCapture.JPG (51.4 KiB) Viewed 8764 times

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:30 pm

While you appear to have a custom UB04 tab, it looks like the custom fields you are using do not match up with the UB04 Smart Screen that you import through Revenue Management.The field from the Revenue Management Smart Screen is titled UB04ClaimFrequency instead of just ClaimFrequency. Most of the other fields from this Smart Screen also start with "UB04". I am doubtful your custom case tab will tie into a Revenue Management iGuide.

bocpg

Post by bocpg » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:38 pm

You may be on to something. I shortened the name on those files, simply because I know it's ub04. Didn't think about that causing an issue. I will make another quick entry and not alter it and see what happens. As always I appreciate your help!

bocpg

Post by bocpg » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:25 pm

you wrote... I am doubtful your custom case tab will tie into a Revenue Management iGuide.

The custom fields that did not have the little boxes next to them... I was able to enter my data and it went on the smart screen tab. I also sent claims via RM no problems. Is this what you were saying I might not could do using revenue management iGuide?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:56 pm

If you customize the Smart Screen in any way, then there is no guarantee it will work as intended.

bocpg

Post by bocpg » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:26 pm

Hi Gavin, Maybe I was not clear. I was not trying to customize the smart screen. I'm trying to make a new patient quick entry form for entering new patients and wanted to include the fields that I need to enter in my smart screen for that patient. This info is the same for most patients. This is the way I have always entered it, however before the info went to the UB04 tab for printing claims and of course I picked different fields in quick entry to make those.
Today I made another quick entry form and included the (custom case) ub04 smart screen fields in it along with the other fields I use when entering new patients. I did not move any of the fields up or down or alter the fields in any way, since I just was wanting to see if any of the little boxes would be on my unaltered form after I saved it. This time 3 little boxes appeared in a completely different area on the quick entry form (case). Before they were in the custom case ub04 area. I clicked in each box and a check mark appeared then a drop down box appeared at the top of my the quick entry form. Clicked it… patient’s names were in it. Does not allow me to enter anything in that field. I am only able to pick a patient from the drop down box, but that is not what I need in that field.
Since these little boxes are randomly appearing in different areas on the quick entry forms and I have made probably a dozen do you think this could be a bug in V21? Prior to V21 I had made numerous quick entry forms for years now… never had a problem with these boxes appearing. Any help greatly appreciated!
Attachments
Quick Entry2.jpg
Quick Entry2.jpg (96.47 KiB) Viewed 8731 times

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:14 am

I wonder if there is something wrong with your data. Try rebuilding all indexes and packing all data. Back up your database first.

bocpg

Post by bocpg » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:17 am

I did that last week.... also went in the bin folder and did repair practice data. I will try again it again. I think I have an old computer with and older version, not sure how old but will try that to see how it behaves. Thanks again!

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:55 pm

Try on a different dataset, like the tutorial database. I am not having the same problem you are.

bocpg

Post by bocpg » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:46 pm

Thanks Gavin will do!

bocpg

Post by bocpg » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:07 pm

I ran file maintenance and also repair data in the Bin folder. This is what the report shows. Does this indicate data corruption?

[Removing bad files]
[Binding existing data to Dictionary]
[Recreating missing files]
Table: MWCLAE could not be removed
Table: MWTRNE could not be removed
Rebuilding tables
Rebuilding Archive and AR tables
[Recreating Triggers]
[Allowed Access to Data]

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:12 pm

That's odd. MWCLAE and TRNE are not part of the normal Medisoft data dictionary. Do you have some custom things done to your Medisoft? This "could" cause issues.