Start Date on Claims for BillFlash Statements

Posts related Medisoft software.
mbpros

Start Date on Claims for BillFlash Statements

Post by mbpros » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:14 pm

I have one practice that I have been billing for for years and they are completely disorganized. But as of 1/1/17 they insist they are going to be better and want to enroll for BillFlash but only for statements with service dates starting 1/1/17.

My question is simple....and I think the answer is yes. When I create statements in Statement Management and I enter a start date of 1/1/17, will the remainder statements only have charges and balances that have dates of service beginning 1/1/17? I know one flaw in the past with Medisoft reports was if you entered a start date, it would show a balance forward of any balance before the start date and I definitely don't want that.

Thanks,
Steve
Steven Zats
Medical Billing Professionals

Gavin Walker

Re: Start Date on Claims for BillFlash Statements

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:34 pm

The problem is, if you go into Statement Management for the first time, it will generate statement records for all outstanding amounts. So you can generate statement records with with service dates prior to 12/31/2016 and put those on Hold status (if you don't want to bill them). Then generate the rest of your statement records. As insurance pays, you will probably pick up a few that have dates of service prior to 1/1/2017 as you go.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:44 pm

And should I be generating Remainder Statements for dates of service prior to 1/1/17 the first time OR should I generate Standard Statements?

Steve
Steven Zats
Medical Billing Professionals

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:25 pm

I would say at least 90% prefer Remainder Statements. All of the Bill Flash reports are remainders, but we can switch them over to standard statements without too much trouble if you prefer. Contact me if you want us to set this up for FREE.