guarantor quick balance shows zero balances

Technical problems with Medisoft.
EHCS

guarantor quick balance shows zero balances

Post by EHCS » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:43 pm

I can't figure out why my guarantor quick balance is listing some patients with zero balances, but not all patients with zero balance. I just want it removed as is clutters up the report.

EHCS

Re: guarantor quick balance shows zero balances

Post by EHCS » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:53 pm

well....nevermind, I just figured out. I just had to go in and repair my payment references. I guess I haven't done that for a couple of months. I am curious what creates that and why I have to repair that each month or things get messed up.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:59 pm

The most common cause of payment reference issues either deleting procedure, payment, or adjustment codes, or changing their types. Medisoft is not supposed to allow you to delete a code that has been used, but if you change the type, then you must run repair payment references.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

EHCS

Post by EHCS » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:44 pm

I actually have to repair payment references anytime my system automatically apply's a take back from an era...it always messes up the contractual adj. I have to repair payment references every month or i have accounts that are off because of era's being automatically applied and the system messing up and not figuring things right. It's actually a huge issue.

EHCS

Post by EHCS » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:45 pm

It wouldn't be a big deal except I have to practices that literally take 30 minutes to repair payment references.

jmed

Post by jmed » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:37 am

I had zero balances on my guarantor quick balance report. I ran the repair payment reference and it fixed it. However, now I am finding credit balances in the remainder in transaction entry. However, the balance shows "zero". In "Payments, Adjustments, and Comments" it shows lavender on the "withhold payment" line as a positive amount. But the code for this line is a "payment" code. Above it shows the "withhold adjustment" as a negative adjustment. This should balance it to zero which is what it shows in the balance. But the remainder shows these 2 added together as a negative amount and it shows that amount as being unapplied as a positive amount. Also, these are old dates that go back to 2009 and 2010. Now my guarantor quick balance report is full of credits. Have you come across this problem before?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:27 am

If I understand correct. You entered a withhold in the past, but now the code type is one of the payment types instead of withhold. What you can do is change the code type back to what it is supposed to be and run Repair Payment References again. This will go through the whole database and change the transaction type of every transaction to what it is supposed to be for that withholding code.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:47 pm

We just found a serious bug in Repair Payment References in Medisoft v21 sp2. This causes procedures that are marked Patient Only Responsible to NOT print on statements, but also not print on a claim either. They are stuck and will not print. We have a script that can fix this. We just corrected a dataset where 9K charges potentially were not being billed out.

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:44 am

Hey, Gavin. Do we run this script on every dataset we have? And how can we obtain that script?

Thanks,
Steve
Steven Zats
Medical Billing Professionals