EADS Database error with install for new users

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Xenial

EADS Database error with install for new users

Post by Xenial » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:40 pm

Hello,

Hopefully you can help us with this as the phones for the company we have a support contract through are all now mysteriously forwarded to a generic voice mailbox.

We are running Medisoft V16 in a Server 2003 / Windows 7 Professional environment. All PCs are connected to the domain.

Medisoft is installed on the server and client PCs access it through a network share.

All of a sudden I have encountered errors with installs for two new users. Please see the attached error messages.

It seems like a permission issue with the individuals account, however, I have mirrored their account settings with a user who is able to succesfully access Medisoft. The user who can access it shares a PC with the new user.

The share is accessible by UNC path and the user has Permissions (as a member of Domain Users) to access the folder.

I have reinstalled the software and made sure it is pointing to the right database file, with no luck.

Help! :)
Attachments
medisoft error 2.jpg
medisoft error 2.jpg (37.5 KiB) Viewed 5624 times
medisoft error.jpg
medisoft error.jpg (36.2 KiB) Viewed 5624 times

Gavin Walker

Re: EADS Database error with install for new users

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Do these errors only occur when you try to run reports in Medisoft?

My guess is you need to install Medisoft v16 sp1 with hot fix on all your Medisoft computers. Click the link to download it for free.
Last edited by Gavin Walker on Wed May 14, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated link
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Xenial

Post by Xenial » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:18 pm

Actually no. The error(s) occur when opening the program. It hangs for a few moments then I get the error, and the program immediately closes.

I actually got it working last night by adding an exception to the windows firewall. What's curious though is I have never had to manually add the exceptions on any previous installation.

Thank you for the link to the Sp1 hotfix I will take a look at it.

Have you run across anything like this before?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:13 pm

Yes, we saw this error all the time if more than one user tried to run reports. The hotfix will fix it. The error message you posted mentions iReports, so maybe Instant Reports are installed on some of your workstations.