Problem with adding/editing patient/charts

Technical problems with Medisoft.
jaymskay

Problem with adding/editing patient/charts

Post by jaymskay » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:44 am

I can't edit patient or insurance information or add new clients. I can right click the patient and click on new or edit client but it does not do anything. I also tried going to Lists/patients and adding it there but I get this error message \"Can't load CRDE2001.DLL. Make sure its located in the application's searchpath.\" When I try to edit a patient I am getting this error message \"A component named formPatient already exists\" I can enter new charges, payments, and adjustments.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jamie

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:50 pm

Hi Jamie! It looks like you have a couple of different things going on. :)

In order to correct this error, take the following steps:

1. Make a backup of your data.
    2. Verify that your data path is not the same path as your program path.
    3. Close Medisoft on all machines.
    4. Uninstall Medisoft.
    5. Reinstall Medisoft.
    6. If you are using Medisoft Network Professional, perform these steps from the Server.
    7. Right-click the Start button and select Search.
    8. When the Search Window opens, enter *.lck in the All or Part of the File Name field.
    9. From the Look In field, click on the drop-down arrow and select Local Hard Drives.
    10. After completing steps eight and nine, click on Search.
    11. When the Search Results return, highlight the .lck files in the MediData and/or Medisoft folders and press the Delete key.
    12. After deleting the file(s), click on the Back button and continue searching for these files: *.loc, *.lok, Mwclose.cp, OHTV*.*, tim_*.* and *.tmp. Again, when the Search Results return, highlight the files in the MediData and/or Medisoft folders and press the Delete key.
    13. After the search has been completed, reboot the computer or Server. The error will no longer appear.

If that doesn't work, we'll probably need to remote into your system and take a look.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386