Unable to send claims in Revenue Management

Technical problems with Medisoft.
FirstHelp

Unable to send claims in Revenue Management

Post by FirstHelp » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:24 am

We recently upgraded to v17 and have had nothing but trouble. We are currently unable to send claims. Halfway through the "send claim" process in Revenue Management, this error pops up:

What could be wrong? We've tried this on 3 different computers (one of which has a fresh installation of Windows and Medisoft) to no avail.

Thank you for your time.

Gavin Walker

Re: Unable to send claims in Revenue Management

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:11 am

Which Implementation Guide are you Using? Try running Rebuild Indexes and Pack Data from Medisoft (run a backup first).
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

FirstHelp

Post by FirstHelp » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:17 am

Thanks for your reply. I tried File Maintenance as you suggested but the message is still coming up.

As for the implementation guide, it is set to "MS17 Prof Claims Direct Connect" (default, we haven't changed it). Is this the one we're supposed to use?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:20 pm

Did you run Check for Updates and Claim Editor Updates from the Start -> All Programs -> Revenue Management?

FirstHelp

Post by FirstHelp » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:55 pm

Hey Gavin, I called you earlier today asking about this issue and whether it would be advisable to have you reconvert our data from version 11 to version 17.

I just talked to the doctor and he said if you can guarantee that we won't have this problem after you repair/convert our data, then we will go ahead and sign the service agreement.

We have 2 practices (2 different offices, one significantly smaller than the other). Would it still be $200 to fix the problem (convert/repair)? Or would it be $200 for the 1 month support agreement and then extra for the conversion/repair?

Thanks!

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:04 pm

I think your Revenue Management is up-to-date, so I am thinking McKesson support is correct in thinking that there is something wrong with your database schema. A failed conversion step can cause this. Regardless we can fix this issue. $200 will cover the database reconversion and repair if necessary. We have fixed about a half dozen of these in the last two weeks. Not sure what is causing the sudden rash of database corruptions.

waxie_f

Post by waxie_f » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:38 am

Gavin Walker wrote:I think your Revenue Management is up-to-date, so I am thinking McKesson support is correct in thinking that there is something wrong with your database schema. A failed conversion step can cause this. Regardless we can fix this issue. $200 will cover the database reconversion and repair if necessary. We have fixed about a half dozen of these in the last two weeks. Not sure what is causing the sudden rash of database corruptions.
I would like to clarify that the $200 aside from database reconversion you will not add any fee on the repair right? thanks.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:02 am

That is correct, we charge $200 flat rate for a database repair.