Can't log in to Medisoft, it keeps telling me already logged

Technical problems with Medisoft.
executivemedical

Can't log in to Medisoft, it keeps telling me already logged

Post by executivemedical » Tue May 24, 2011 1:43 pm

Hi,

All of a sudden Medisoft is telling me that I'm already logged in. I have restarted the computer several times, but it still will not let me in. Is there a way to override this password or reset the passwords. I really need some help PLEASE !!!!

Thank you
Nicole

Gavin Walker

Re: Can't log in to Medisoft, it keeps telling me already lo

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue May 24, 2011 2:51 pm

In Medisoft Network Pro, this can happen if someone is logged in with your user ID on another computer in your office.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

executivemedical

Post by executivemedical » Tue May 24, 2011 3:44 pm

I have go thru to every computer and shut them all down. I still can't get in. I'm not logged in anywhere. Is there a way to fix this. I am the only one that has permissions for everything. Now the whole office has come to a hault because I can't get into Medisoft. Any idea what I can do?

prosete

Post by prosete » Tue May 24, 2011 10:26 pm

This happens to me often and began way before v17, starting back with v11 or so. I don't use the Network version, just the stand-alone Medisoft Advanced for a single user. All I've been able to do is re-boot and try to clear it this way. There have been times that even after a re-boot, however, I still get the same error. I then end waiting 15 or 20 min and then it will clear by itself. Again, I don't think it's specific to any given version, since I've experienced it going back to v11 and have noticed that it doesn't just happen to multiple user versions (I'm a single user) or network versions (mine is not the network version).

Some things you just can;t explain :(

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed May 25, 2011 8:24 am

Well, if everyone is out, you can go to the server and run the Advantage Configuration Utility. That will show how many users are in the database. If everyone is out, it should show 0. If you still can't find where the user is logged in, you can reboot the server. That should clear all connections.