Medisoft v11 / Create new set or Convert existing on Client

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Chris

Medisoft v11 / Create new set or Convert existing on Client

Post by Chris » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Hi. We are running Medisoft 11 Network Prof on Win XP computers. Three of the 4 client computers are running fine. One client computer just started giving the "Create and new set of data" or "Convert Existing NDC Medisoft Data" option at startup (no other computers are doing this).

I tried installing Medi 11 SP4 (although the software said "SP3" during install) and have been trying to re-map the database using F7, but I still get the error. I even tried uninstalling Medisoft and the .NET software, then reinstall.... and I still get the Create/Convert option.

That computer does not have a firewall and is running Avast antivirus.

Any suggestions?

Gavin Walker

Re: Medisoft v11 / Create new set or Convert existing on Cli

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:24 am

Chris, make sure all the computers point to the same shared root data folder. On a machine that is working, double click on the very bottom bar of the Medisoft window. It will then display the path to the practice folder like so: \\<server name>\<Medisoft Data Root Folder - usually Medidata>\<Medisoft Practice Data folder>.

Hold F7 on the computer that does not work and enter \\<server name>\<Medisoft Data Root Folder - usually Medidata> from above. If it does not work still, there is something different with this computer. Check network settings, Windows rights on the server, and possibly the network card.