v14SP2, Missing Revenue Code on Line 23 with Electronic UB04

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Dustin

v14SP2, Missing Revenue Code on Line 23 with Electronic UB04

Post by Dustin » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:09 pm

I'm running Medisoft v14SP2 and am running into an odd issue with electronic UB04's...

It seems that the Revenue Code on Line 23 (I'm told this value is normally 0001) is missing for Electronic UB-04 Claims, but not for paper claims.

Looking through some patch release notes, I found that in 2008 there was an issue fixed which was described as "Line 23 on UB-04 claims is no longer missing required data."... Now, I'm not really sure what the issue is but it sounds as though it was supposed to be fixed in Medisoft v14SP1...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Dustin

Gavin Walker

Re: v14SP2, Missing Revenue Code on Line 23 with Electronic

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:58 pm

You could try copying Medisoft\Bin\UBFile.exe from a v14 sp1 install to a v14 sp2 install and see if it fixes your issues. Keep in mind that UBFile.exe is a print image file generator, if you are generating ANSI format files then you must be using third party software for Medisoft v14.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Dustin

Post by Dustin » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:52 pm

We've been saving the file and opening it up with a notepad when viewing the test's we're doing... We've got everything working 100% except this one field which does not auto populate. Are you sure there's nothing else that we can do?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:41 pm

To my knowledge there is nothing you can do to modify how UBFile.exe generates the print image file. What you can do is take the UB04 paper claim report template and hard-code an "0001" on line 23 (if it is not already there). Then switch the media type on your claims to paper. When you go to print your claims, select "Export", where you get to the prompt Medisoft asks you to preview, print, or export.

Do not select the export button that you get when you preview a printout. That export is not in the right format.

Some gotchas that you will need to work out:

1. The paper claim report will not line up exactly the same as UBFile.exe. Your clearinghouse will need to be able to remap.
2. Fields that need to output on the same line in the file will need to be lined up EXACTLY on the report template. Since the report was designed to print on paper, some fields may not be lined up exactly.
3. You will need to use the same font and point size throughout the report template, otherwise #2 may be impossible.
4. Make sure all fields on the form are set at the same height.
5. Field justification can dramatically affect where a field will go horizontally in the output file. You may need to play with that to get a particular field to go where you want.

It may not be possible to get one report template that can both generate a print image file and also print forms perfectly aligned on your printer. I suggest a seperate report template for each purpose.