Trouble Setting Up Global Login

Technical problems with Medisoft.
idubinskiy

Trouble Setting Up Global Login

Post by idubinskiy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:20 am

So, we bought Medisoft (v16) a while ago and set up a blank database (with users). Then, when we got a client, we set up a database for them and created the same users. After that, I found out about Global Login and tried to do it, but it would give me some weird error when I tried to save the Global Login settings, so it wasn't working. Now, we created another database for another client. I "Deleted" the blank database from the Practices list. Then I tried going into Global Login Management on both of the current real practices, and it gives me an error that the current used is not a Global Login Administrator. So I tried adding the blank database back to the Practices list and going into the Global Login Management from there, but I got the same error. What can I do?

Gavin Walker

Re: Trouble Setting Up Global Login

Post by Gavin Walker » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:13 pm

1. Global Logins do not work with Remote Desktop Services. Do not even try to use these two together.

2. If you can live without Remote Desktop, this has been broken since v16 sp1. It is supposed to be fixed in v17 sp1, but I am awaiting confirmation from someone that uses this feature in v17 sp1. You might try setting up a test environment on v17 sp1 and see if this works. I do not use Global Logins, because I cannot live without Remote Desktop.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

idubinskiy

Re: Trouble Setting Up Global Login

Post by idubinskiy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:26 pm

Sorry, you must have misunderstood what I meant by "client". We're a billing solutions company, so we do billing and other services for providers. There's no Remote Desktop involved. They do not access our computers, nor do we access theirs. So I'm pretty sure that's not the issue.