Problem Upgrading Encoder Pro

Technical problems with Medisoft.
mbpros

Problem Upgrading Encoder Pro

Post by mbpros » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:45 am

I just upgraded to V17, SP1. I was able to install the Encoder Pro 2011 upgrade on 2 of my servers, but on my desktop I could not install it. I received the message that Medisoft must be installed on the machine prior to installing Encoder Pro. BUT Medisoft is installed. I tried opening Medisoft and then installing the Encoder Pro upgrade, but same error. I rebooted and tried again (both with Medisoft open and not open) and same message.

If you can't give guidance in the forum, is this something where you could provider support by connecting to my desktop to fix?

Steve
Steven Zats
Medical Billing Professionals

Gavin Walker

Re: Problem Upgrading Encoder Pro

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:01 am

Hmm, they recently came out with a "corrected" Encoder Pro 2011 install. See if that works.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:05 am

Hey, Gavin:

I did try that install from your website and received the same error. I also tried checking RegEdit per your instructions from a previous post regarding Encoder Pro and that didn't help. I don't know much about regedit, but is this something where you may be able to connect to my desktop, check the registry settings and get this installed? To give you an idea, last year when I installed V16 on this desktop I had a problem installing RM (it conflicted with my CM4 somehow) so Tim Motley (formerly of SendClaim, now with Medisoft) told me to try to install Medisoft to my C drive rather than to the Program Files. I did that, but still a problem, so I went back to Program Files. Somehow though I think Encoder Pro may think it's looking at C:\Medisoft rather than the correct path (C:\Program Files (X86)\Medisoft\Bin) where epax.exe is installed.

Let me know if you want to try to connect to my desktop to fix this.

Steve
Steven Zats

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:46 am

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling Medisoft again. Let it install to its default path (c:\medisoft on Windows Vista or higher). Then install Encoder Pro. Unfortunately, the Encoder Pro install does not let you change its default installation path. It is supposed to install to the last target directory where Medisoft was installed. If it does not calculate the correct installation folder, then it won't work. If you need us to work directly with you, then you will need a support agreement with us.

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:51 am

Thanks...I'll try that later...and if it doesn't help will be back in touch.

Steve
Steven Zats