V17 new installation

Technical problems with Medisoft.
PBPaulauskas

V17 new installation

Post by PBPaulauskas » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:05 am

When I installed MS V17 when I tried to install the client it could not find the executable. Also, when I was pointing to my data directory on my 2008 r2 server I could not point to it from my workstations, only on the server. All administrative rights and sharing setup on my server allow me to read, write and manipulate files in the directory. Even when I point to it through the browse function the application finds the MWDBlist.ADT file just fine. Any suggestions? I am running the Advantage DB V 10.0 Thank you

Thank you for your response I will try that next. Is there a URL I can go to so I can install the "Copy Medisoft Client". I tried several times to load it from the CD but nothing happens. Thank you in advance.
Last edited by PBPaulauskas on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gavin Walker

Re: V17 new installation

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:46 am

This can happen if you copy Medidata folder to a new server or if you browse to a local folder when adding the practices to the practice list.

To correct this, delete Medidata\mwdblist.* (Medisoft will regenerate an empty practice list when it restarts).

Share the Medidata folder.

Press and hold the F7 key when starting Medisoft. You will get the message about the Medisoft Root Data folder. Browse to \\<your server>\Medidata (not C:\medidata!)

Re-add your practices to the practice list.

From each client:
Press and hold the F7 key when starting Medisoft. You will get the message about the Medisoft Root Data folder. Browse to \\<your server>\Medidata

That should take care of it.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386