Help sending secondary claims on Medisoft V16

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Nicole23

Help sending secondary claims on Medisoft V16

Post by Nicole23 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:56 pm

I am brand new to this office and brand new to Medisoft and could really use some help. I noticed in Claims Managemnt that several of the secondary claims say "Ready to be Sent" then Paper. I dont think the lady before me set it up right (theyve only had Medisoft about 5 months now). All of our primary are set on electronic and go straight to Zirmed. So I changed the status in all of them from Paper, to electronic. Then I created electronic claims like I usually do and processed them. When I uploaded them to Zirmed, it hadnt sent any of them. When I go back to claim managment, they all still say "Ready to be Sent" still then EDI. I dont understand why they arent sending?

Gavin Walker

Re: Help sending secondary claims on Medisoft V16

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi Nicole, to send secondary electronic claims on Medisoft v16 you need to use Revenue Management. It does not work with print-image claims. You will need to work with a VAR that can help you set this up (we can). The other issue is, we can help you set this up on v16, but after the end of the year, Revenue Management's license will expire and you will either need to upgrade to v17 or send your secondaries another way.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386