Create claims by date range issue

Technical problems with Medisoft.
bokoo143

Create claims by date range issue

Post by bokoo143 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:09 pm

Hello all, hope your holidays were great.

We have 3 clinics running V16.1.2.230 and have an issue when we create claims from claim management. We use range of transaction dates and click create and we get the dates we asked for but also the claims for dates following the dates we specified. Then we have to go into each of the claims and change the status to hold on the claims we don't want to create yet.

Am I over looking an option somewhere that will limit the search to the dates we specified?

Thanks so very much,
Billie

Gavin Walker

Re: Create claims by date range issue

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:19 am

Hi Billie, I cannot recreate your issue. Try rebuilding all indexes and packing all data files.

Just to be sure, you are not talking about the Transaction Date From data filter that was added to your report template that you get after clicking Print Claims, but rather the Transaction Date range that you select after clicking Create Claims.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

bokoo143

Post by bokoo143 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Hi Gavin, thanks for responding. I did the re-index and pack data.

It is the Transaction Date range that you select after clicking Create Claim. For example: Claims person is on vacation Mon - Wed and comes back on Thursday and claims person reviews transactions for Monday and wish to create claims for Monday only. They go into claim management, click create claims and in the dialog box they enter the date range for Monday only. When claims are created they also see transactions for Tuesday, Wednesday and whatever were created up to the current day. They could choose Mon and Tuesday from the transaction date but when claims are created it also includes Wed and the current date.

It appears the transaction date range doesn't really limit the end date range or maybe I'm missing an option.

thanks again
Billie

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:28 am

Hi Billie, this issue is fixed in v17 but there will not be any more service packs for v16. :(

bokoo143

Post by bokoo143 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:47 am

Thank you Gavin for checking into this.