Operating Medisoft in Windows 7

Technical problems with Medisoft.
wdewey

Operating Medisoft in Windows 7

Post by wdewey » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:58 pm

I am operating V11 of Medisoft. I know it was only designed for XP. I just purchased a new computer with Windows 7 and upgraded it to Professional thinking I could run V11 in the XP mode. After some difficulties I was finally able to install and open the program, unfortunately the program will not allow me to use the restore feature to update it with the current practise information. It seems to process the file, but when I check there are no records found. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Greg

Gavin Walker

Re: Operating Medisoft in Windows 7

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:29 am

OK Greg, XP mode is a Virtual Computer. So, when you browse the C: drive in XP Mode you are actually browsing the Virtual C: drive which is just a file on your host computer.

To see the drives of the host computer, which is where I assume your backup resides, you will need to click Find and then Browse under My Computer -> Other. You should see your host drives listed there like this "C on <name of your computer>", "D on <name of your computer>", and so on for all of your computers drives. Just Browse on that drive to the location where your backup resides.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386