Medisoft won't open in Remote Session

Technical problems with Medisoft.
timmeyb

Medisoft won't open in Remote Session

Post by timmeyb » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:07 pm

I have Medisoft version 16 Network Professional (3 user) license. When I am at home I try remoting into my server via logmein.com. I can get on my server just fine and run any program, but when I try to run Medisoft, it just opens and sits there with an hour glass and locks up. I never get to the point to enter a password. I know remote access is limited with a single user license
LINK REMOVED, but should this work with Network Professional version?

The old Medisoft knowledgebase is completely gone now, so I removed the link. - Gavin

Gavin Walker

Re: Medisoft won't open in Remote Session

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:01 am

Yes it should work. I usually use Remote Desktop instead of LogMeIn. Some remote control software do not handle dual monitors very well, so possibly Medisoft is starting up in the second monitor. Also, Medisoft remembers the size and position of its window the last time it closed down. So if you have a giant monitor at the office, Medisoft might display its window somewhere off screen if you connect in with a lower resolution monitor. Try Maximizing Medisoft to see if you can get it do display.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

timmeyb

Post by timmeyb » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:56 pm

The weird thing is I've tried VNC and also another remote software (simplehelp), and it does the same thing on all 3. If Medisoft is already open, then it works, but if I log in and it's already closed and I have to open it up again it doesn't work. There aren't dual monitors, and the Medisoft window actually opens, but it just sits there with an hour glass and you can't click on anything. You eventually have to forcefully close it through the taskmanager. The "server" that I am logging into is just a workstation acting as a server (Windows XP Pro).

timmeyb

Post by timmeyb » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:59 pm

I talked with someone at Medisoft and they told me to make sure the user permissions and rights were set on the lastcon.csg located in the bin directory. But when I looked in there, I wasn't able to see any .csg files, so I'm not sure what he was talking about

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:44 am

I have found some instant messaging software can interfere with Medisoft. If Medisoft is launched first and then the instant messaging software is launched then everything works. See if there is some other software you are starting up that might interfere. Some anti-virus can interfere, but you are probably running that all the time. We use SimpleHelp all the time and have never had this issue with SimpleHelp before.