Can't exit from medisoft - error 5159

Technical problems with Medisoft.
pleone

Can't exit from medisoft - error 5159

Post by pleone » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:44 am

I tried running file maintenance this morning and it ran into an error updating the indexes. So I canceled it and now it won't let me exit out of medisoft . I'm getting error 5159 "error encountered when trying to open a database table. The table is a database table . It cannot be opened as a free table".

Can I just ctrl-alt-del to stop medisoft? I'm assuming at this point I probably need to restore my data from last nights backup.

Any help is appreciated!

Gavin Walker

Re: Can't exit from medisoft - error 5159

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:22 am

Restoring a backup is probably your best bet. If you can get C:\Medisoft\Bin\Mediutils.exe to run, there is an option in there to "Repair Practice Data". The way it repairs data though is it deletes the offending data and attaches a blank copy of the data table back to the data dictionary. Often the repaired table isn't that important and it is no big deal that the table was emptied. On the other hand if it was a table such as the transaction table, now you'll have to go back and recover the transactions out of a backup of your data. The steps to recover missing data can get involved.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386