probs w/v10 hcfa file

Technical problems with Medisoft.
London

probs w/v10 hcfa file

Post by London » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi There,

I'm trying to set up the edi receiver in v10 to use a different clearinghouse. When creating claims it defaults to several screens and ends up at Availity where I can print a verification report. I want to change the process and use a different clearinghouse. I have the edi receiver set up however when I add the program file of HCFA11.EXE, HCFA11, HCFAFILE.EXE, or HCFAFILE it throws an error message of something like ...not valid...or doesn't exsist. I even tried the CMSFILE (S) to no avail.

I have v9 running at home and no issues and have done this before on other versions. I'm currently using v15 and there I use the CMSFILE.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
London

Gavin Walker

Re: probs w/v10 hcfa file

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:58 pm

It sounds like you are doing everything right, so therefore I suggest reinstalling Medisoft. You can download the latest Medisoft service pack by clicking here.

HCFAFile does not format NPI numbers correctly so you kind of have to kludge the system to get it to work.

Which clearinghouse are you using? We have a report template we created for Medisoft v8 through v10. We give it away for free to our GatewayEDI customers. It :mrgreen: might :mrgreen: work for other clearinghouses, but your clearinghouse might require CMSFile on a newer version of Medisoft.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

London

Post by London » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for the insight. I have claim processing software that will take a print image and convert it to ANSI and my software is designed to add any missing info such as NPI. I would be interested in your reports, perhaps we can use them for v10. I send to Gateway but not everything as I have a few direct sends for Oregon.

One more question...when doing a backup on v10 it always states 'disc is full'. I have never had to try a restore and not sure if it really is backing up. It appears not to be. Any ideas?

Thanks for everything!
London

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:59 pm

Great! All you need to do is contact GatewayEDI and tell them you want to make MedTech in Springfield, MO your preferred vendor. When we see your GatewayEDI customer number in the list of customers that we support, we can give you our GatewayEDI report template for Medisoft for free. GatewayEDI will then need to remap your claims for you. Our report template handles NPIs and it includes secondary payer information that will allow GatewayEDI to cross over your secondary claims for you. In addition, we will provide free support with any issues submitting claims to GatewayEDI from Medisoft for as long as we are your preferred vendor. We can offer this service because GatewayEDI pays us a little each month to help support you. It is not a lot for each account, but they do add up. The rate you negotiated with GatewayEDI will remain the same.

Regarding your backups, I would guess they are all bad. Try saving your backup to a removable USB thumb drive. We also offer an automated nightly backup service for $12 per month plus $0.70/GB for storage. Just set it and leave your machine turned on. The backup will run every night to pick up changed files.

London

Post by London » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:43 am

Thanks again! :D