getting errors just trying to create a new practice

Technical problems with Medisoft.
cmarrero76

getting errors just trying to create a new practice

Post by cmarrero76 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:17 pm

My office is going to pick up a new office to bill for. I though it would be simple to start a fresh practice on v15 sp2. I clicked create new practice, setup a directory for db and name then I get the following errors. First I get a "could not create data. please check your settings and try again" then I get a "I/O error 123" then I get a tblPractice error 7041. file not found...". What am I doing wrong?? how can I get a blank database so I can start fresh with patients and insurance providers?? Thanks in advance

Gavin Walker

Re: getting errors just trying to create a new practice

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:08 am

Hmmm, sometimes MWDBLIST.ADT doesn't convert properly from older versions of Medisoft. The issue is not discovered until you try to add a new practice.

Try this, move MWDBLIST.* from your Medidata folder. The next time you start Medisoft a fresh MWDBLIST.ADT is created. Now add all of your practices back into the list. If the practice you just created still has problems, try deleting all the files out of that practice folder and the next time you start Medisoft in that practice, it will prompt to create another blank dataset.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386