Payment glitch in Medisoft 14

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Eric White

Payment glitch in Medisoft 14

Post by Eric White » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:40 pm

It seems that there is a glitch somewhere in my system and I don't know how to take care of it. In some of the patient files, Medisoft is posting a payment from an insurance carrier twice. So like under the Balance the total would be 600 dollars, the remainder would say 200 and Insurance 1 paid would say 400, whereas it should read 0 for remainder and Ins 1 pay 200.

I was told that I would have to go into the Advantage database to correct this problem, but I'm not sure what to look for.

Gavin Walker

Re: Payment glitch in Medisoft 14

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:37 am

First, make sure you have a good backup.

Then make sure you have the latest service pack for your version of Medisoft. In your case it is v14 sp2.

Then there is a utility in your Medisoft\Bin folder called MediUtils. Run that and pick the option to fix payment references. This creates a file called Medisoft\bin\fixpax.log. Scan through the .log file and look for any lines that mention that a procedure or payment code was missing. Re-enter any missing codes and run the utility again until there are no missing codes.

Then run File -> File Maintenance -> All the options on the recalculate balances tab. It wouldn't hurt to pack data and rebuild indexes at this point.

Hopefully, that fixes your problem. If not, you will have to re-enter the charge and payments and then delete the old charge and payments.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386