Problem seeing transactions

Technical problems with Medisoft.
ca1lammons

Problem seeing transactions

Post by ca1lammons » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:29 pm

Hello,

Whenever I transaction entry, for a moment I can see my transactions in the middle of the screen, and my payments toward the bottom of the screen...but then suddenly they disappear. All I can see at that point is the very bottom 1 or 2 transactions...and it is moved up the screen. If there was a way to post a screen shot, it would be much easier to explain. It is as though I need to drag the screen down to see everything...but there is no way to do that. The strange thing is that this problem seems to be specific to the computer I am working on through terminal services. in other words, when this problem happens, I can either move to another computer, or log on as another user and the problem goes away. But this problem is now effecting more of us in the office and we do not have enough computers or extra login's to keep moving around.

I know this is difficult to understand...as I am having trouble explaining it. But any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ashley

Gavin Walker

Re: Problem seeing transactions

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Hi Ashley, this problem happens most often in offices where users share their logins with each other in a terminal server environment. The problem is, Medisoft remembers your window positions based on Windows user. So, if someone logs in with userid1 from a computer that has a large monitor set at a high screen resolution and exits out of the Medisoft transaction entry window. The grid and window position is saved. Now if someone else logs in with userid1 from a computer that has a small monitor set at a low resolution, Medisoft opens such a large transaction grid you cannot click and drag it resize it.

The easiest solution is to log in with that same userid from the computer in your office with the largest monitor. Set the monitor to its highest resolution. Now log into Medisoft and resize the transaction entry grid into the upper left corner of the screen and then exit Medisoft. You should be able to at least use Medisoft from the other computer now.

Alternatively, you can open Medisoft and close all windows within Medisoft. Click Window -> Clear Windows Positions. Then click Window -> Clear Custom Grid Settings.

Anyway, I hope that helps!
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

ca1lammons

Re: Problem seeing transactions

Post by ca1lammons » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:42 am

Thanks so much Gavin. I am going to try this when I get to the office tomorrow. Make sense what you are saying because the problems did seem to happen after I logged on to a computer with a huge monitor. I'm so glad you have encountered this problem...I had no clue...and was running out of computers to work on...LOL

ashley