Problems after converting to V16 and report hotfix

Technical problems with Medisoft.
bokoo143

Problems after converting to V16 and report hotfix

Post by bokoo143 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:35 am

Server has 4GB memory, duo 3GB CPU, partitioned drives, Windows Server 2003 R8?, workstations have 2GB memory, dual 3GB CPU, 250GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3 running in a network enviroment with 1 server and 5 workstations. We have Bitdefender Antivirus 2010 on the workstations.

I wanted to submit a couple of issues that I now have after upgrading from v9 SP2 to v12 SP2 to V16 last week, and I did run the hotfix.

1. Medisoft is extremely slow opening on workstations, extremely slow running reports. It takes over 1 minute to pull up the practice information. It takes over 5 minutes to run some short reports. Medisoft often becomes un-responsive during use. We did not have this issue on V9 SP2

2. In claim management, we file claims using a custom HCFA, now we get a message when clicking file/send that says the field federal tax id indicator is missing, please modify the report. These are the same custom reports that we had no issue with in V9 SP2.

Thank you for your help.

Gavin Walker

Re: Problems after converting to V16 and report hotfix

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:01 pm

1. Surprisingly, McKesson has had fixed versions of these reports on their knowledge base for quite a while now. We are told now that the reports will finally be fixed in v16 sp1. Here is a post from someone else that upgraded from v9 to v15 and experienced the same slow report issue that you experienced. http://medtechsys.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=386 His post contains a link to the knowledge base article that you need. Just follow the link and look to the right margin. There is a .ZIP file you can download to extract the updated reports. The PDF document explains how to import them. Anyway, you will want to install and use these reports - they run much faster.

2. Open Medisoft and press F1 for help. You should come to a topic "New in this Version". Pay particular attention to the sections highlighted in blue. You will either need to fix your old HCFA 1500 report templates, or redo your customizations again starting with one of the CMS-1500 templates that came with Medisoft v16.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

bokoo143

Post by bokoo143 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:39 pm

His link to the knowledge base doesn't work for me, I get session timed out.

I have downloaded and unzipped the medisoftreports_v16 hotfix.zip file to the medisoft\Bin folder and let it replace all Ireports on all workstations and server after I upgraded and converted the data last week.

I tried various things today at the site but nothing improved the turtle speed we are experiencing. Looking at taskmanager when we experience the "not responding issue, I see two instances of Medisoft Network Professional showing up under applications (sometimes says not responding, sometimes says running )and several dump processes consuming the cpu.

I also have V16 and the data installed on my home computer for testing and experience the exact same slowness, we even see the message "not responding" on the opened medisoft window then it finally produces a report, even during a simple day sheet.

We did correct the other issue with the custom HCFA complaining about the federal tax id, by removing some fields from ours that changed with the new version.

One other note that I saw today that I didn't have after I converted last week, running file maintenance (rebuild indexes) it gave me a warning that said: Errors encounted while deleting the indexes from the following tables: MWPINS (provider Pin and Group number records) Pack data ran fine. I haven't deleted any tables and I'm not finding mwpins on the server at the clinic or my home computer.

Will keep plugging at it, thanks so much for your help. :P

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:53 am

Here is a better link: LINK REMOVED

Try rebooting your server computer and run Medisoft\bin\FileMaintLoad.exe before running anything else. Also, if you installed Communication Manager when you installed Medisoft, you may need to stop Communication Messenger before running File Maintenance.

The old Medisoft knowledgebase is completely gone now, so I removed the link.

bokoo143

Post by bokoo143 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:16 pm

Wow, we can actually produce the patient day sheet w/totals and other reports with totals in just seconds now using the V15 reports imported into our report manager. Thanks all so much for that.

We still have 85 seconds delay producing a walk-out receipt before medisoft opens the printer box to print. That's a long time when someone is standing at the desk waiting for a receipt, any suggestions there? I imported the same walkout report from V12 but get the same 85 seconds delay before the printer box opens. (same delay on my home computer testing the clinic's data)

The file maintenace re-indexing reports errors deleting mwpins. To my knowledge we haven't deleted any tables. I'm trying to play with ARC on my home computer but can't get past opening tables due to ARC saying I'm using invalid login or passwords. (am level 1 with access to DB in medisoft logins and have login in ARC)

We also installed the new Codes on Disk and overwrote the diagnosis and cpt codes, anyway we can get the old prices and code descriptions back from a backup before we overwrote?

thanks so much

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:52 am

Glad to hear we at least got some of your reports running well.

Regarding the walk-out receipt, did you try setting up a quick receipt from program options and using the print quick receipt button? I still would want you to have a successful file maintenance run without any errors.

Take care with ARC32, you can damage your data using that tool. If you setup a user in Medisoft, then you can log in with that same user in ARC32 except that the password must be entered in ALL CAPS. There is also a limit on the length of the password in Medisoft, but I can't remember what it is off hand. Advantage data dictionaries allow longer passwords than Medisoft.

If you have a backup of your old data, convert it up to v16 if you haven't already. Next run Medisoft\Bin\Mediutils.exe and you will see an option to export data. Export the procedure codes table. Run the same process on your current Medisoft data and select import data. There is an option during the import that allows you to overwrite your exiting data. There is one catch to this, if the data was originally imported from Codes on Disk, then those records will not export and you will need to work with a VAR to recover your data. The next time you run Codes on Disk, there is an option to skip any records that are already present so your data does not get overwritten. Also, Codes on Disk has an option to edit your "A" fee schedule in a grid, which can simplify setting up your fee schedule in the future.