Medisoft/OH V11 Sp3/SP4 bugs

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Paul Williams

Medisoft/OH V11 Sp3/SP4 bugs

Post by Paul Williams » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:38 am

We got around to wanting to send our NPI in our electronic claims, so we performed the online updates on our Medisoft Network Pro and OH Pro for Networks. We had been at V11 SP2, and I was surprised, after applying SP3 and double-checking that we were up-to-date, that there was also an SP4 out there.

Since these two service packs were applied one-after-the-other, I can't be sure which one introduced the two bugs we're experiencing.

1. I suspect this low-priority glitch comes from a hastily thrown-together SP4. The programs both indicate \"V11 SP4\" on the startup 'splash' screens, and also in the \"help/about\" windows. If one runs the \"help/online updates\" feature, it will check for updates to V11 SP2 and then download and attempt to reinstall SP3, even though you're already at SP4.

2. I'm not sure which Service Pack introduced this, but since the SP3/SP4 updates, all the employees here are consistantly receiving \"Error - Invalid floating point operation\" (no further info is displayed) when they toggle the Multiple Provider view in Office Hours. We have, of course, performed all possible database clean-ups and received no joy.

Anyone else experiencing these troubles?
Thanks.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:02 pm

Hi Paul! I think you will find even more surprising. There is a service pack 4 for Office Hours Pro even though the only thing documented as being fixed is the Statement Manager. Please make sure you load Office Hours Prov v11 sp4 also. It can be found on this Free Office Hours Pro v11 Service Pack link.

I have had numerous problems with the online update feature within Medisoft and I always manually download the updates myself and install them.

I am thinking that the error in Office Hours Pro \"might\" not be related to the update and the fact that it started happening at about the same time as loading the update is just a coincidence. Here is what I have found to be the most common cause of Invalid Floating Point errors in Office Hours Pro:

1. Appointment or Break Length is not an even multiple of the appointment interval setup in Program Options. For example, if you have a 15 minute interval and you schedule a 700 minute break, you will have problems.
2. Appointments must start and end at the appropriate interval boundary.
3. Appointments must not start before the appointment calendar start time or end after the appointment calendar end time.
4. The appointment start and end times must be an even multiple of the appointment interval.

For whatever reason, Office Hours can usually display the calendar on the day view with the above problems, but it chokes on the multi-view.

The above can be corrected, by doing one of the following:
1. Adjust the appointment interval to something more granular - 5 minute intervals for example.
2. Adjust the calendar start/end times to include the earliest and latest possible appointments.
3. Adjust appointments/breaks to start after the calendar start time. Have a length that is a multiple of the interval. And last no longer than the calendar end time.

If you cannot correct this on your own, then we can work you to find the problem appointments. We will just need a support agreement to do that. There is a slim chance you have data corruption, but I have always found this error to be something along the lines of the above.
Last edited by Gavin Walker on Wed May 14, 2014 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated link
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386