RM assigning wrong insurance company to remit

Technical problems with Medisoft.
EHCS

RM assigning wrong insurance company to remit

Post by EHCS » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:53 am

I have an insurance company that Medisoft assigns the wrong insurance company too. These are are not Molina payments, they are Sedgwick payments. It shows up in the patients account as a Molina Payment. How do we fix the Remit association with insurance companies?

Gavin Walker

Re: RM assigning wrong insurance company to remit

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:27 pm

Follow these steps to re-assign the insurance:

1. Open the remit and right-click anywhere in the grid.
2. Click Assign this remit to an additional practice. This opens the alias table.
3. Check the practice and insurance carrier in the list to be sure they are the correct ones. If not, select the line and click Remove to delete the invalid entry.
4. Then click the link that reads Click here to choose a practice/receiver not shown in the list.
5. Then, re-select the practice, click OK, and select the insurance carrier. This resets the aliases.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

EHCS

Post by EHCS » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:54 pm

Thank you! I don't know why I didn't think of that.

EHCS

Post by EHCS » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:03 pm

dang it didn't work! it shows it as a Sedgwick as the payor on the main screen of the payment manager area, but if I double click it, it is assigning it as Blue Cross payment, sometime Molina. If I open the patients transactions screen it shows it as a blue cross payment, sometimes a molina payment. I don't know what is making it assign the wrong payment info on the transaction screen. I did do what you said, but it doesn't work. It only does this with sedgwick payments. It must be something in the era coding that is coming across in the zip file?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:11 am

Does this insurance have an insurance class assigned to it?