Deleting Patients

Technical problems with Medisoft.
piercechiro

Deleting Patients

Post by piercechiro » Tue May 24, 2022 9:01 am

Trying to delete old closed patient files. Have deleted all the transactions and payments and everything in the case folders. I deleted all the individual case folders. When I go to delete Patient, I get a pop up window that says "The patient record is currently being used in the CHART NUMBER field of the DEPOST TABLE and cannot be deleted. Is there a work around to allow me to delete these patients?

Gavin Walker

Re: Deleting Patients

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed May 25, 2022 2:37 pm

There is a deposit for this patient in the deposit list that must be deleted first. You might just check the box on the patient to mark them inactive if that is what you are trying to do.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

piercechiro

Post by piercechiro » Wed May 25, 2022 5:24 pm

I am running Medisoft Basic V24. I’m not seeing anything that will allow me to pull up a deposit list. I have marked the patients as inactive but they show up in my patient list every time I restart Medisoft even when I opt to hide inactive records. If there is a way to purge the deposit table or access the deposit list so I can delete those 100’s of files, I would love to know. Thanks in advance for your help.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:57 am

Medisoft Basic does not have a deposit window, so you can just mark the patient inactive. There is a program option to hide inactive patients from searches.