Medisoft Reports Professional Issue

Technical problems with Medisoft.
mbpros

Medisoft Reports Professional Issue

Post by mbpros » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:26 am

I have no problem using Medisoft Reports Professional, but one of my clients who accesses Medisoft on my network indicated the following:

"is there a reason that username/password must be entered every time I go to look at another client in Medisoft Reports. I have already entered this to get into the program.
As doing all front office work and checking backend costs, billing, program management this annoyingly time consuming. Is this necessary. "

I have no idea why she has to enter her Medisoft user name and password every time she wants to get into Medisoft Reports. She has permissions set under Report Permissions to run the reports so any idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Steve
Steven Zats
Medical Billing Professionals

Gavin Walker

Re: Medisoft Reports Professional Issue

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:03 am

Hi Steve, if she doesn't use any custom reports, then she can rename ReportDefs folder and Medisoft will generate a new ReportDefs. Otherwise, she will likely need to work with a Medisoft reseller who can fix this issue using ARC32.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:10 am

Since my clients are all using Medisoft on my network and using the common Medisoft folder, I wouldn't want to rename ReportDefs because of the custom folder. Correct?
Steven Zats

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:38 am

Do you have multiple MediData root folders? Medisoft may be having trouble keeping track of all the users in the various MediData root folders. Renaming ReportDefs should reset things. If you don't have any custom reports then you'll be starting with a fresh ReportDefs again.

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:54 pm

No, only one root folder. But I do have a number of custom reports so I don't want to start with a fresh ReportDefs folder.

Steve
Steven Zats

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:48 am

Steve, I suggest you export all your custom reports out, then rename ReportDefs and then import them back in. I would just rename it first, just to verify that it will fix your issue. You can always name it back.