Revenue Management not found after re-install

Technical problems with Medisoft.
whelanchiro602

Revenue Management not found after re-install

Post by whelanchiro602 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:31 pm

Hi,

I just moved my Medisoft v20 to a new laptop yesterday & everything has gone quite smoothly except for Revenue Management. I'm wondering if it has to do with needing to "restore root data?" I only did a "restore data."

When I open Revenue Management I get a message that there has been an unhandled exception. And when I attempted to get the update I got a message "Software Not Found," and telling me to reinstall.

I've made exceptions in my Norton 360 Deluxe antivirus so I don't think that's the problem. When I installed v20 the introductory McAfee antivirus program that came with the laptop was still installed but I've since uninstalled that because it was just terrible.

I do notice that I'm missing 3 folders in my MediData folder: ConversionBackups, ReportDefs Backup, and RMData. Maybe they are auto-created once I successfully open RM?

Should I do a Restore Root Data? Or is there something else going on? I've looked through other posts but most seem to be anti-virus related. But maybe mine is also due to the shareware McAfee antivirus program that may have interfered with a clean install of Medisoft.

Thank you,
Julia

whelanchiro602

Re: Revenue Management not found after re-install

Post by whelanchiro602 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:48 pm

I found the thread by Robin entitled "update revenue management" from 2018 so I followed those steps but now it's looking for CMDBList and when I closed that screen it gave me 3 options: Connect, Create, or Cancel. I don't know how to proceed from here. Can I copy a folder from my old laptop to my new laptop? Thanks!

whelanchiro602

Post by whelanchiro602 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:56 pm

I found my Medisoft Revenue Management folder on my old laptop & have copied it a flash drive in case I can just copy it to my new laptop. A bunch of files had messages that there was some sort of part of the file missing. But I copied them anyway.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:02 am

Sounds like you got it figured out. You found the special download to update Revenue Management for Medisoft v21 or older and you copied your RMData folder from the old computer. Missing files sounds like some sort of hardware error on your old computer or sometimes it is your backup software interfering. As long as it is working, then you should be good now.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386