Second Practice Name

Technical problems with Medisoft.
mbpros

Second Practice Name

Post by mbpros » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:51 pm

I have one practice where one of the clinicians bills some payers under his own separate Tax ID # and Group NPI. I know how to modify the provider and practice grids so I can easily set up to bill for him to certain payers with his Group NPI and his separate Tax ID #. But I believe that I cannot modify the practice name/pay-to name. So let's say the practice name is listed in Medisoft as ABC Chiropractic, then that name would have to go on the claims for this provider even when billing under the separate Tax ID # and Group NPI.

Is there a way around this? Let's say the second practice name is Jones Chiropractic. Would I have to use a modifier IGuide? Or what could I do in Medisoft to have Jones Chiropractic rather than ABC Chiropractic go on claims for this provider with this second Tax ID # and second Group NPI?

Thanks,
Steve
Steven Zats
Medical Billing Professionals

Gavin Walker

Re: Second Practice Name

Post by Gavin Walker » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:14 pm

You would set this up with the provider IDs grid. You can choose to bill by group or individual for each insurance company. For the individual claims, the billing address will come from the physician record.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:41 pm

Hey, Gavin:

I understand that about the Provider Grid...That I don't have a problem with...It's the practice name that will go on the claims for the 2nd practice. I think the practice name comes from the Practice Name field...and there's no option to add a 2nd practice name, right? Or even add a 2nd billing address if billing by group (rather than billing by individual).

Steve
Steven Zats

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:28 am

Setup a second receiver and enter the practice name in Header options, field 1000a I believe.

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:30 am

Thanks...don't think that's right, though. That's where the Submitter Name goes, not the Practice name...No worries...I'll just do a separate practice in Medisoft.

Steve
Steven Zats