Data Files not found Medsoft 11 sp2

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Bob_miller

Data Files not found Medsoft 11 sp2

Post by Bob_miller » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:35 pm

Medisoft v11 sp2 network version. After registrating, I pick a practice from another server with same version. Error Cannot open data, data does not exist. I use a static ip on workstation. The server has advantage 7.1 engine, started. I did not load Medisoft client on server, Instructions did not say to do this. Also message core product not found?

Gavin Walker

Re: Data Files not found Medsoft 11 sp2

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:50 am

Hi Bob, it sounds like maybe you are re-installing Medisoft v11 on a new computer.

There are a number of issues you might be having, but maybe I can point you in the right direction.

1. Medisoft v11 does NOT work with Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 2008, don't even try it. If you have Windows 7 Pro, it should work if you install Medisoft v11 under XP Mode, but I have not tried that.
2. You should be running Medisoft v11 sp4 on all your workstations. There is a small conversion process to bring Medisoft up to v11 sp4, so only do this when you can update all workstations at once.

We will need to know more information about what you are trying to do. Can you explain what it is you are trying to do? Is this a new workstation? New Server? Are you creating a new Windows account on the workstation? Did you rename the Server machine or change the share name where Medidata is located? Were there security changes on the server? Can the workstation user browse the Medidata share on the server?
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386