Medisoft v15 Sp2 (15.2.2.324) MAPA.EXE has stopped working

Technical problems with Medisoft.
[email protected]

Medisoft v15 Sp2 (15.2.2.324) MAPA.EXE has stopped working

Post by [email protected] » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:55 am

I am running windows vista business 32 bit for my client machine and I am testing the advantage database server on windows server 2008 32 bit and 2003 32 bit but still receiving the same error:

Error:
Every other time I open Medisoft Network Professional it crashes and gives the error MAPA.EXE has stopped working. It is very weird because I can open the software and it works but then if I close it and open the software again it gives the error and it continues to follow this cycle. Please advise.

Gavin Walker

Re: Medisoft v15 Sp2 (15.2.2.324) MAPA.EXE has stopped working

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:00 pm

That is weird. I have never seen Medisoft consistently launch and then fail to launch like that. I have seen incompatible software prevent Medisoft from starting. For example, some instant messaging software can prevent Medisoft from starting. If you simply stop the instant messaging software, then Medisoft functions normally.

Other reasons I can think of:

1. Some anti-virus. McAfee must be uninstalled.
2. Firewall is preventing Medisoft from networking out. This usually doesn't produce the MAPA error though.
3. Something went wrong with a Windows Update. Try installing the latest service pack for Vista. Or, uninstall all the .NET runtimes, uninstall all Medisoft, and then re-install Medisoft again. The Medisoft install will re-install the .NET libraries it needs.
4. Previous old versions of Medisoft left traces on your computer that are interfering with the normal functioning of your existing Medisoft.
5. Anything related to Advantage ODBC and Advantage OLEDB should be uninstalled.
6. If all else fails, reinstall Windows and then Medisoft. Confirm Medisoft works. Then reinstall your other software one at a time making sure Medisoft works along the way.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386