patient remainder

Technical problems with Medisoft.
dkennelly

patient remainder

Post by dkennelly » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:53 pm

I'm using V14 sp2, printed a patient remainder aging report earlier today with no problem. Took care of some of the small balances and tried to re-run the report. The report would not process. The report window comes up, the "crystal reports" logo in the top right corner looks like it's going, but nothing happens. I thought maybe it was taking longer because of the changes, but after 10 minutes, gave up. I then went to file maintenance to recalculate patient balances, etc. I could recalculate balances and remainder balances, but when I tried to recalculate unapplied amounts, the program froze. I got the box in the middle where it usually shows file progress but it was blank. I had to shut down medisoft to close it. I got the message that the core program was not responding and the choice of waiting for it to respond or close. I chose close and it shut the whole program down. I can get back in, and everything looks okay, but I still can't run remainder aging. I know this is long, but help!!!

Gavin Walker

Re: patient remainder

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:41 pm

I would first run a backup. Then run File Maintenance and select all the following options: Rebuild Indexes on All Files, Pack Data on All Files, and then select all of the Recalculate options. I would start this process at the end of the day when you can let it run for at least an hour.

Sometimes a dialog box pops up behind the main Medisoft window. This can cause Medisoft to freeze because it is waiting for you to close out of the dialog box you cannot see. If this happens, Alt-Tab to switch from Medisoft to another program. Then Alt-Tab to switch back to Medisoft. This will cause the dialog box to pop back on top again.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

dkennelly

Post by dkennelly » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:28 pm

I did all that.. packed data, rebuilt indexes, recalculated balances, but when it came to recalculate unapplied amounts, it froze up again. I tried the Alt-Tab, but there was nothing there. I get a file progress box, and when i move it to see if there's something behind it, it says (not responding). When I try to close the file maintence window, it says that the medisoft core application is not responding.. I tried the other reports, practice analysis, non-zero unapplied payments, primary insurance aging, and everything seems to work except patient remainder aging... any other ideas? Thanks!!

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:32 pm

How long did you let it run? It can take quite a while depending on the size of your database.

dkennelly

Post by dkennelly » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:44 pm

I let it go about 20 minutes. I'll try it again for longer.. How much is a lot of data? In my backup files, there's only 15.8 mb.

dkennelly

Post by dkennelly » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:37 pm

I tried it again for longer, it took about 1/2 an hour.., but it completed. I can now do the patient remainder aging report. I guess I was just too impatient! None of my maintenance or reports ever took that long before. Thanks for your help!!!! :)